Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,907 times

Advertisements

Why not look in Cherry Hill and Voorhees if you want to stay in that general area in that price range.

Also, Haddon Township also has a solid HS, actually it is better than Cherokee or Lenape.

Eastern in Voorhees is also a better HS than Cherokee or Lenape... but the best in the area, in your price range, is easily Cherry Hill East. Out of your price range would be Haddonfield and Moorestown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,504 times
I really dont like all this steering going on! There are good sections and not so good sections in every town. There are also good and not so good neighbors on every street as well. I really suggest going to look at homes and if you find one you like, walk around and talk to the neighbors. You can't rely on one persons opinion of a neighborhood. I have been a Realtor for many years and have found that a town or section of a town that I dont care for is perfect for someone else.

You really need to get out and walk around for yourself. There are great homes and people in Larchmont and all the other areas described above as 'less desirable'.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:38 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyJohn View Post
I really dont like all this steering going on! There are good sections and not so good sections in every town. There are also good and not so good neighbors on every street as well. I really suggest going to look at homes and if you find one you like, walk around and talk to the neighbors. You can't rely on one persons opinion of a neighborhood. I have been a Realtor for many years and have found that a town or section of a town that I dont care for is perfect for someone else.

You really need to get out and walk around for yourself. There are great homes and people in Larchmont and all the other areas described above as 'less desirable'.
The joy of not being a realtor is that I don't violate ethics when I give my honest opinion of a neighborhood or report on the general perception of a neighborhood.

Of course you are ultimately correct. Opinions are like as....well, you get the point, everyone has one. People need to do their own research and feel things out for themselves. Some may not be deterred from buying a home in an area dominated by Section 8 and low income housing like areas in Larchmont. Others may not have an issue buying a home next to a low income apartment complex that is locally known for petty crime and drug activity like in Barton's Run. Again though, the beauty of a forum and not being a realtor is I can say that without violating my ethics code or jeopardizing a deal.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
I really dont like all this steering going on!
People ask for advice on where to move. Other people give it. I wonder how much of CD you would have to delete if "steering" wasn't acceptable.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:

That is your opinion, which according to the terms of service, you are welcome to. We give our opinions to people who ask. I've told people more than once to look & form their own opinion.

Some places are better than others.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Quote:
I really dont like all this steering going on! There are good sections and not so good sections in every town. There are also good and not so good neighbors on every street as well.
Bravo! This same issue bothers me often when I read certain posts on this forum.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_shortly View Post
I am commuting from Marlton / Mt. Laurel to center city. I believe we exhausted the Cinnaminson area and have not found anything. Any other areas that I could look into?

THat cant be.. not much is selling here

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...-275000-325000

Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM

364 posts, read 1,192,519 times
Lmao! People are coming here because they want opinions. I don't think those posting in here are in cahoots to 'steer' people away from certain areas, I think that perhaps a few regular posters just share similar opinions.
We ended up buying a home not far from Larchmont Elementary, where my son now attends. I love our neighborhood and our school. The homes in our area are all well taken care of, there is very little crime and I have seen no vandalism other than some signs stolen recently, which I am pretty sure had nothing to do with low income housing. We are very close to shopping, and have quick access to 38 and 295 so I find it quick to get everywhere we need to go.

Last edited by Luhts; 09-25-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Old 12-18-2013, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
Would someone comment on the Essex Place development in Mt.Laurel? It's north of Rte 38, but still only a mile away from the so called less desirable Larchmont areas. I am thinking of buying there, but due to close proximity of the bad areas, am now concerned. Should I not be? Walking there during the day looked okay. Also looked at Marlton Village in Evesham Township. If you know both of these developments, please let me know how they compare. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia