Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM

825 posts, read 3,168,666 times

Advertisements

this place sounds pretty legit. maybe I should head down from dirty north jersey n come for a visit. but we got places like this up here in North Jersey like Wayne and Parsipanny. it also sounds similar to Bridgewater, my former childhood hometown. the fact that it is a hub with many shopping centers and highway access and such.

however, it probably has a way different feel that the towns up here. cuz we all know about the inexplicable difference between North and South jersey. seriously, i could never find a way to explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,536,277 times
Nope, it's basically the same. I lived and worked in both areas. Deeper south jersey, I would agree, but not Cherry Hill. Cherry Hill has more amenities and better food than anything in I found in central NJ based on my objective experience.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,938,265 times
in all seriousness.. People are all the same whether its North or South jersey. We have friends from North Jersey who are just lke us.. Think and act like everyone we know. People are people. No differences..

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
this place sounds pretty legit. maybe I should head down from dirty north jersey n come for a visit. but we got places like this up here in North Jersey like Wayne and Parsipanny. it also sounds similar to Bridgewater, my former childhood hometown. the fact that it is a hub with many shopping centers and highway access and such.

however, it probably has a way different feel that the towns up here. cuz we all know about the inexplicable difference between North and South jersey. seriously, i could never find a way to explain it.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM

8 posts, read 32,315 times
I have to take issue with the idea that housing in Cherry Hill is affordable. NOT! Maybe relative to North Jersey's housing costs, but not relative to South Jersey. I live in Gloucester County and I couldn't even consider moving to C.H. Can't afford a home there and sure cannot afford the taxes. They do have a lot of shopping though... and traffic congestion from Hell.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM

267 posts, read 952,453 times
I live here too! Moved from North Jersey four years ago....

We could not afford the NY suburbs so after a 2 year (yes, 2 year) house search, we decided to relocate here. We thought it would be better to be outside of a major city than be 50 miles out of NY in East Bumble. It has been a wonderful move so far. I hop on a train in the morning and am in Philly in 20 min.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM

33,044 posts, read 36,658,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJLori View Post
I have to take issue with the idea that housing in Cherry Hill is affordable. NOT! Maybe relative to North Jersey's housing costs, but not relative to South Jersey. I live in Gloucester County and I couldn't even consider moving to C.H. Can't afford a home there and sure cannot afford the taxes. They do have a lot of shopping though... and traffic congestion from Hell.
Not too many people think that it's cheap. Some people moving in from north Jersey and parts of Philadelphia find it quite affordable. OK, a few of them think that it's cheap.

If you're moving from Gloucester, parts of Salem and Cumberland Counties, there's going to be sticker shock.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,536,277 times
Taxes are killer in CH and housing is not cheap.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 AM

In our quest for a house, we found ourselves looking at 2 houses in Cherry hill. The houses were cheap and the taxes were fair. Believe it or not there is a section of Cherry hill that is like this. Single homes for around $250 and taxes at $4500 or so. This section is between rt 38 and Maple ave closer to rt 130. You CAN live cheap in CH .. In fact, I just did a search and you can find single homes in CH for as low as $140k. Serious. Single homes. Here ya go.. Look..

http://www.mlsfinder.com/nj_trend/c2...5&npp=10&sr=11

http://www.mlsfinder.com/nj_trend/c2...5&npp=10&sr=11

http://www.mlsfinder.com/nj_trend/c2...5&npp=10&sr=21

http://www.mlsfinder.com/nj_trend/c2...5&npp=10&sr=31

Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 AM

825 posts, read 3,168,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
in all seriousness.. People are all the same whether its North or South jersey. We have friends from North Jersey who are just lke us.. Think and act like everyone we know. People are people. No differences..
no sir, you can't hide from the truth. drive along the parkway from the New York state line all the way down to cape may. you will feel a difference.

trust me, sir. i couldn't agree w/ you more that people are people. i've been trying to tell people that since I was 6. but clearly towns are set up different in South Jersey and North Jersey, and the towns have a way different atmosphere. am I right?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 AM

yes, I understand what you are saying but at any time you can pluck someone from south jersey and deposit em somewhere in North Jersey(and visa versa) and they wilt fit in just fine. The slight difference in nuances of different towns will soon fade away and people will be people

I guess what I'm saying is that just because you are from a certain part of New Jersey does not make you any better or less of a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia