Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:45 AM

429 posts, read 932,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
Although, forecasts say that the NJ temperature is going to be around the 80s starting on Thursday... Hmm.. We still have high humidity to back us.
Re my original post, Wunderground now says 90 for tomorrow, 92 for Friday, 90 for Saturday, 92 for Sunday . . . just wait--at 7 tonight, it will be 93 for tomorrow, 96 for Friday, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,085,202 times
I heard on the radio this morning today in New Jersey is supposed to be hotter than in Cuba.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,763,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
*inserts the non-existing laughing emoticon*

That's going to be a priceless event. Cali July highs seem to be in the low 70s, which is a decent feel enough for short sleeves but not enough to push you immediately into the water. Although, forecasts say that the NJ temperature is going to be around the 80s starting on Thursday... Hmm.. We still have high humidity to back us.

Geeze, it's like our monthly heat waves are becoming a norm. First was March. Then, April... Spring felt like it lasted briefly, although, we had one particular rain period and that was it.

*starts commencing the rain dance*
Depends on where in california you are..southern california when you start to go eastwards away from the pacific can be hot as hell

Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,830,436 times
I wonder where all the "It's too hot in Florida for me to live there" backers who won't leave New Jersey are now? I've consistently maintained that summers in New Jersey are as miserable as they are in Florida, and even moreso than coastal Florida.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 AM

88,680 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'm seriously considering moving to Alaska. I can't take the heat anymore. I don't know how old people move south. I want to move north.
I'm with you. There was a thread somewhere on this forum about people moving south when they retire. I plan to head north to upstate New York. I can deal with snow when I won't have to commute, and the likelihood of dealing with this heat is much less.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM

501 posts, read 1,430,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLuckoftheDraw View Post
Re my original post, Wunderground now says 90 for tomorrow, 92 for Friday, 90 for Saturday, 92 for Sunday . . . just wait--at 7 tonight, it will be 93 for tomorrow, 96 for Friday, etc.
Hmm.. Still sounds like a bit of an improvement from today. My outdoor thermometer is hitting 100 degrees as of right now (1:10 pm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Depends on where in california you are..southern california when you start to go eastwards away from the pacific can be hot as hell
Of course, I am mainly referring to the coastal towns/cities. I've been to Palm Springs and I've been to Southern California coastline as far south as San Diego. I know my differences in the temperatures there.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 AM

429 posts, read 932,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I wonder where all the "It's too hot in Florida for me to live there" backers who won't leave New Jersey are now? I've consistently maintained that summers in New Jersey are as miserable as they are in Florida, and even moreso than coastal Florida.
I think that during heatwaves like this it's comparable, as long as we have high humidity, too, but that's the only time. In Florida, you don't just have this with heatwaves. It's just normal weather for maybe 8-9 months. Then it's just slightly cooler for a couple months. Although this year they had a very odd end to their winter, with not just cool but often cold temperatures lasting for a few weeks.

I don't even want this weather for a couple days. Moving back to it for 8-9 months out of the year isn't something I'd want to do.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,723,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Absolutely, unequivocally wrong. I've spent many a summer in Florida (have you?) and it's consistently like it is here today. This is a heatwave that will break. It rarely breaks in Florida.

and btw- would you move from NM if you got down into the 30's for 3 days?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,763,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Absolutely, unequivocally wrong. I've spent many a summer in Florida (have you?) and it's consistently like it is here today. This is a heatwave that will break. It rarely breaks in Florida.

and btw- would you move from NM if you got down into the 30's for 3 days?
Yep....our heat wave will eventually end, not go on for months

Old 07-07-2010, 12:10 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,723,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yep....our heat wave will eventually end, not go on for months
it's actually not quite as bad today as yesterday (at least here) - dewpoint is only 62.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: