Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 AM

10 posts, read 18,415 times

Advertisements

Sorry , in the title, i meant Woodbridge not bridgewood.

I moving from East Rutherford to either Wood-bridge or Raritan or Brunswick area. Can you please compare between them? which one you recommend for a single mom with 4 children 2 of them in 12th grade this year.
is it right that east, south and north Brunswick are the best area?

which better: Raritan Boro, NJ 08869 or Wood-bridge 07095?

Last edited by I.hope; 07-12-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.hope View Post
Sorry , in the title, i meant Woodbridge not bridgewood.

I moving from East Rutherford to either Wood-bridge or Raritan or Brunswick area. Can you please compare between them? which one you recommend for a single mom with 4 children 2 of them in 12th grade this year.
is it right that east, south and north Brunswick are the best area?

which better: Raritan Boro, NJ 08869 or Wood-bridge 07095?
I don't know anything about Raritan Boro aside that it's by Bridgewater.

That aside, the most expensive/upscale area you mentioned is East Brunswick and has the most reputable school district, though all of these have good school districts. However you have another factor you'll have to deal with in EB, it is the snob capital of Middlesex County, that could speak enough for itself.

North and South Brunswick are somewhat cheaper, and newer as far as developing goes, and have more of a mix in terms of income and also are a bit more diverse ethnically, while EB is mostly Jewish. Taxes are lower here too because there is more business/industrial development near How Ln/Livingston Ave/Jersey Ave and by exit 8A off the Turnpike. I live in North Brunswick and it's a great area.

Most bang for your buck will be Woodbridge, but the town is quite large. Look in sections like Woodbridge Proper, Fords, Port Reading or Sewaren. Ton of amenities, two huge malls very close by and lots of regional shopping. Only downside is that it is very crowded. Other than that the schools are good and it's a safe area.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM

Thaaaanx a bunch Whoelsebutcharles )

Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
I don't know anything about Raritan Boro aside that it's by Bridgewater.

That aside, the most expensive/upscale area you mentioned is East Brunswick and has the most reputable school district, though all of these have good school districts. However you have another factor you'll have to deal with in EB, it is the snob capital of Middlesex County, that could speak enough for itself.

North and South Brunswick are somewhat cheaper, and newer as far as developing goes, and have more of a mix in terms of income and also are a bit more diverse ethnically, while EB is mostly Jewish. Taxes are lower here too because there is more business/industrial development near How Ln/Livingston Ave/Jersey Ave and by exit 8A off the Turnpike. I live in North Brunswick and it's a great area.

Most bang for your buck will be Woodbridge, but the town is quite large. Look in sections like Woodbridge Proper, Fords, Port Reading or Sewaren. Ton of amenities, two huge malls very close by and lots of regional shopping. Only downside is that it is very crowded. Other than that the schools are good and it's a safe area.
I would just say that taxes are relatively lower in SB and NB than EB when you compare apples to apples. But for the most part, taxes in those towns for single family homes are expensive. Also, areas near 8A could be Monroe and areas near HowLane can be somerset/ new bruns. I would pick EB>SB>NB. Raritan is a nice area but taxes can be expensive....hell taxes are expensive anywhere in NJ. Question is: where is your work located? Commute time will greatly affect quality of life. 8.5hr day vs 12 hr day with drive time.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmgvr4 View Post
I would just say that taxes are relatively lower in SB and NB than EB when you compare apples to apples. But for the most part, taxes in those towns for single family homes are expensive. Also, areas near 8A could be Monroe and areas near HowLane can be somerset/ new bruns. I would pick EB>SB>NB. Raritan is a nice area but taxes can be expensive....hell taxes are expensive anywhere in NJ. Question is: where is your work located? Commute time will greatly affect quality of life. 8.5hr day vs 12 hr day with drive time.
Monroe's taxes are the lowest in the county because more than half of it is senior citizens.

I would say that Piscataway's taxes are probably significantly lower than any of the Brunswicks. Portions of How Ln are a line between North and New, but it's all industrial over there. It then turns into Veronica Ave as you cross 27 into Franklin/Somerset.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Do you mean taxes for houses, but I will rent a house, so, I think taxes will not make a big difference to me. and my study is in UMDNJ Newark.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Now I have to chose between:

Woodbridge, Raritan, North Brunswick.

I found rentals in those three areas, but still I don't know which one is the best.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Now I have to chose between:

Woodbridge, Raritan, North Brunswick.

I found rentals in those three areas, but still I don't know which one is the best.
Sheesh. Houses for rent? You really have to look around. If an apartment will do, the North Village complex by me is currently leasing, but those are pretty pricey. Then again apartments in Woodbridge aren't cheap either.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
Sheesh. Houses for rent? You really have to look around. If an apartment will do, the North Village complex by me is currently leasing, but those are pretty pricey. Then again apartments in Woodbridge aren't cheap either.
Do they have 3 bedrooms? any website?

Thaaaanx

Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Do they have 3 bedrooms? any website?

Thaaaanx
I tried googling them but didn't find anything. You may find some info on apartmentratings.com or apartments.com, but I couldn't find any website for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey