Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,291 times

Advertisements

I have been living in North Bergen and now I am at a point where I want to switch out my old one bedroom co-op for a new construction, all amenities included one or 2 bedroom condo.

With the economy, prices are so much more affordable. However, I have on glitch - I don't own a car! Yeah, never needed one as I spend most of my time in NYC but I also need the neighborhood to be safe because of that and easily accessible food/shopping would be great.

Possible Options:

Edgewater, down on River Road there are several condos that I can now find under $300K. Positives could be that it's very upscale and price will bounce back up eventually. Downside could be less for more money. I could find something bigger/better else where.

Union City - really need to be picky to find something amazing (thinking Altessa). It's reasonable, though I don't know how close it is walking to anything. Others?

JC - needs to be near downtown where I can walk around and get to transportation. The Beacon? Others?

Or I can stay in North Bergen/Guttenberg area on Blvd. East - but mostly it's co-ops and not new construction.

Ideas? Advice for someone w/ out a car and wants to take advantage of today's market prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey