Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,503 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I'm an italian girl and I'm trying to organize a summer vacation to nj with my family (my parents and one sister).
Can you suggest us anything? We are all Springsteen fans but we have no idea how to arrange the thing or where we can stay without spend a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 12:16 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,635 times
You can go to priceline dot com to bid 3* hotel at New Brunswick for $42 and you would get this wonderful Hyatt Regency Hyatt Regency New Brunswick ... but keep in mind, once you got the winning bid, it is not transferrable, not changable, not cancellable.

Other nice hotels like Somerset Marriott that you can bid $33 for 3* hotel at Somerset NJ.

There are many nice hotels you get can at very affordable price...

Old 06-17-2007, 02:19 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
Stay at the Jersey shore. You can have fun at the beach/boardwalk, and take a few day trips to New York City and Philadelphia. There are major concert events at the PNC Arts Center and little concerts everywhere. The most affordable but also clean place to stay at the shore that I know of is the Sea Kist Motel in Wildwood, but all the beach areas have a handful of decent, cheap motels to stay at.
SeaKist Motel, Jersey Shore, New Jersey

Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM

127 posts, read 378,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaNeve View Post
Hi there, I'm an italian girl and I'm trying to organize a summer vacation to nj with my family (my parents and one sister).
Can you suggest us anything? We are all Springsteen fans but we have no idea how to arrange the thing or where we can stay without spend a lot.
You could stay a day or two in Northern New Jersey and visit Asbury Park and then take a train to New York or drive to the southern Jersey shore. South Jersey is pricey in the summer but if you can afford a few days there it might be worth it. I have stayed at the Beach Club Hotel (609) 399-8555 in Ocean City and the rates start at $220 per night in July and August. My favorite is Cape May New Jersey to see the Victoriana homes.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks everybody

Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,286 times
Whatever you do, please come back and tell us your opinions of NJ Italians. There is a huge population of Italian-Americans in New Jersey, particularly in the northeast, most from the south or Sicily. Be sure to try American pizza. Order it from a real mom & pop pizzeria, not one of the big chains like Pizza Hut. Just ask the people you meet where they think has the best. You may actually find quite a few people who still speak Italian but again, it's usually a Sicilian or Neapolitan dialect.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,018 times
Point Pleasant is nice and if you stay in land you can get a hotel cheaper. There are plenty of Italian deli's and bakeries in Howell, Jackson(Tuscany's), Toms River which are just a short drive from Point Pleasant. Point Pleasant has a board walk and plenty of things to do. You can hope on a train and buy a round trip ticket into Manhattan for about 19 bucks. You can get on the garden state parkway and drive to AC for the day.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:26 AM

196 posts, read 768,153 times
Welcome to NJ. My grandfather came from the Naples area. Tell us about your stay here and have a Happy Vacation.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Whatever you do, please come back and tell us your opinions of NJ Italians.
I will surely do it. Now we're a little bit icky about flights' price. I'm searching for something lower.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:31 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,286 times
I know the feeling. I'm trying to go to Ireland and with the dollar so low the prices are difficult to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey