Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnj View Post
Maybe now someone that actually has educational experience can take the job. Oh, no wait that would make too much sense.

CC I don't know if that would make a difference. Schundler went against Christie back working together with NJEA. Thats apparently NOT what he was bought in to do. Christie is determined to run his office as a RELENTLESS BULLY. The more I read on these two applications and the fact that the 6 questions Christie's app had wrong, those same questions were correct on the NJEA/Schundler application. I know they say to move on, but damn it this is one that will stick in my crawl every quater when I get that tax bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 PM

412 posts, read 1,327,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristateelectrician View Post
Will Christie now offer an apology to President Obama after the tough words he had for the administration after nj failed to secure the grant.
I don't think so because it would make him look like a fool. He shouldn't have blamed the President period.

Applications like those should have been checked, checked again, and checked for a third, fourth or fifth time just to make sure all the "t" are crossed and I's are dotted.

To want a call from the government saying "Hey governor, how ya doing, we just looked at your application and it seems you submitted the wrong paperwork, and can ya fax us the correct form so we can continue the process" to me is assinine.

He had to blame someone, so he want all the way.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
I thought conservatives were soo against unemployment?? Now we find out that Bretty was looking to get fired because he wanted to collect unemployment????
You just cant make things like that up. I guess everyone is sucking off the boob until its you who has to do the same thing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:32 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Whats next Brett??? Welfare??? Why not get back to running your "great" charter school into the ground. I have a funny feeling this King Christie run is not going to be soo great.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I find it amazing that this one-time "Republican-Libertarian" requested to be "fired" rather than resign, because he needs that unemployment check. Maybe he can chat with the unemployed teachers he'll be in line with! I wonder if he's qualified enough to pick up a few bucks as a substitute teacher? I'm sure he finds it comforting there's a government program that he's qualified for!
dude, i thought you were kidding, but you're not.

Schundler requested firing instead of resignation so he can collect unemployment | NJ.com

i am truly speechless.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:05 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
Schundler lives down the street from me. There were throngs of reporters there this morning.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM

858 posts, read 707,754 times
This whole situation is a shame and i feel bad for schundler. He did the right thing in creating an applicaiton with the support of the union and now he's thrown under the bus for Christie's mistake. Read NJ.com today and see some of Schundler's remarks. He's not killed Christie but I think it gives insight into him. Here's one "He said ‘We have to be on offense on this stuff, not on defense, so I’m going to highlight the stupid Obama administration rules." I think that shows the character of the governor. Rather than accept blame and admit mistakes, he wants to rile people up and create a mob against someone else. This is what he did to the teacher union and people ate it up.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Wait a minute. I though politicians were supposed to circle the wagons, protect their friends and squirrel them away in a new, well compensated gov't job.

WTH?

Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnj View Post
Maybe now someone that actually has educational experience can take the job. Oh, no wait that would make too much sense.
The problem is that most people in the education industry are shills for the NJEA and status quo. Remember, all those administrators started out as union teachers. Ironically, the man most qualified for the job is probably Michael Ritacco, who has been a pioneer in keeping taxes down and regionalizing school systems.

And I know all of the Christie bashers are coming out of the woodwork (and the sewers). That's fine, I'm not his biggest fan either. But what we should remember is that the only function of the NJEA is to ensure their dues-paying members are paid as much as humanly possible. They DO NOT care about your children and they DO NOT care if you can afford to live in this state. They exist so YOU can pay THEIR members as much money as possible. Period. If Christie gets down in the gutter and fights them tooth and nail, I'll be in his corner all the way.

Yes, Schundler worked with the NJEA, but I want someone as an Ed. Commissioner who works AGAINST the NJEA and their disgraceful tactics that are literally pushing good, taxpaying families out of this state by supporting ridiculous raises, cushy health care packages, outrageous pension schemes and an overall upholding of the status quo that steals tax money from our suburbs and funnels it off to 31 cities, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves with the highest propery taxes in the nation.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 AM

858 posts, read 707,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
Yes, Schundler worked with the NJEA, but I want someone as an Ed. Commissioner who works AGAINST the NJEA

so you'd rather get nothing than get something? Through negotiations, we had an agreement for merit pay (which everyone says is needed). Through bullying and trying to run a dictatorship, we got nothing. Yes..that makes perfect sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey