Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:17 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
so you'd rather get nothing than get something? Through negotiations, we had an agreement for merit pay (which everyone says is needed). Through bullying and trying to run a dictatorship, we got nothing. Yes..that makes perfect sense
If you're asking me if I want a one-shot check for $400 million borrowed by the feds from China, which will probably be used to hire all kinds of people whose salaries and benefits we'll have to pay for over the next 30 years, then no.

Nobody's ever "bullied" anyone in this state except the NJEA, which has used our children as pawns in an attempt to increase its members' salaries and benefits packages. Like the UAW nearly ran the Big Three automakers into the ground, the NJEA is a parasite bleeding dry the taxpayers of New Jersey. If there's a politician willing to stand up to this group of people, I'd stand out in the rain at 5 a.m. to vote for him/her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
The problem is that most people in the education industry are shills for the NJEA and status quo. Remember, all those administrators started out as union teachers. Ironically, the man most qualified for the job is probably Michael Ritacco, who has been a pioneer in keeping taxes down and regionalizing school systems.

And I know all of the Christie bashers are coming out of the woodwork (and the sewers). That's fine, I'm not his biggest fan either. But what we should remember is that the only function of the NJEA is to ensure their dues-paying members are paid as much as humanly possible. They DO NOT care about your children and they DO NOT care if you can afford to live in this state. They exist so YOU can pay THEIR members as much money as possible. Period. If Christie gets down in the gutter and fights them tooth and nail, I'll be in his corner all the way.

Yes, Schundler worked with the NJEA, but I want someone as an Ed. Commissioner who works AGAINST the NJEA and their disgraceful tactics that are literally pushing good, taxpaying families out of this state by supporting ridiculous raises, cushy health care packages, outrageous pension schemes and an overall upholding of the status quo that steals tax money from our suburbs and funnels it off to 31 cities, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves with the highest propery taxes in the nation.

See this is the mindset right here that gave Christie carte blanche to rip up the agreed upon application that had all of the correct answer that Christie application did not. This mindset is the reason why NJ lost out of $400 million dollars. This mindset is what Schundler worked against and the reason why he and Christie continued to bump heads. This is the mindset of why no matter what NJ will continue to FAIL and SUFFER. But hey, Christie and his supporters know better and hopefully in 3 years, the voters who truely want to move NJ forward, will correct where we all failed in 2009.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:36 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
dude, i thought you were kidding, but you're not.

Schundler requested firing instead of resignation so he can collect unemployment | NJ.com

i am truly speechless.
I know I thought that was some kind of joke but when they mentioned it on the news this morning I was speechless as well

Old 08-28-2010, 08:11 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I know I thought that was some kind of joke but when they mentioned it on the news this morning I was speechless as well
What are you speechless about? A conservative wacko looking for a handout? Again lets get him to run his FAILING charter school, and show us all how great Charter schools are.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:22 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
It's a GOOD thing this $400M didn't come through. School districts have to cut the fat and the state has to re-examine how to fund public schools outside of property taxes.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
What are you speechless about? A conservative wacko looking for a handout? Again lets get him to run his FAILING charter school, and show us all how great Charter schools are.
At least he had a job before he was looking for that "handout". And doesn't have 7 kids by 5 baby-mamma's who need ESL in school.

I get it: Only liberals/democrats deserve unemployment b/c they are the ones who are typically and perpetually unemployed.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 AM

284 posts, read 617,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post

Nobody's ever "bullied" anyone in this state except the NJEA, which has used our children as pawns in an attempt to increase its members' salaries and benefits packages. Like the UAW nearly ran the Big Three automakers into the ground, the NJEA is a parasite bleeding dry the taxpayers of New Jersey. If there's a politician willing to stand up to this group of people, I'd stand out in the rain at 5 a.m. to vote for him/her.
count me to vote for him/her too.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
dude, i thought you were kidding, but you're not.

Schundler requested firing instead of resignation so he can collect unemployment | NJ.com

i am truly speechless.
If what was reported on his financial situation were true, it would not be a suprise. I assumed he tried to work out a transition plan rather than being fired publicly and be able to keep the unemployment benefits. Now, the post also suggested that his position is not eligible for unemployment. I don't know him, but I feel bad for him.

Last edited by anna_mom; 08-29-2010 at 02:19 AM..

Old 08-29-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
See this is the mindset right here that gave Christie carte blanche to rip up the agreed upon application that had all of the correct answer that Christie application did not. This mindset is the reason why NJ lost out of $400 million dollars. This mindset is what Schundler worked against and the reason why he and Christie continued to bump heads. This is the mindset of why no matter what NJ will continue to FAIL and SUFFER. But hey, Christie and his supporters know better and hopefully in 3 years, the voters who truely want to move NJ forward, will correct where we all failed in 2009.
While the Schundler + NJEA proposal included the correct 2008-2009 information, but do we know that the proposal will win us the $400 million?

Old 08-29-2010, 06:09 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_mom View Post
While the Schundler + NJEA proposal included the correct 2008-2009 information, but do we know that the proposal will win us the $400 million?
Umm yeah and its not hard to see why.
#1 no baby mistakes
#2 union had signed on and that won states major points.

Way to go Christie!!
I guess its not about the kids!!!
Its more about politics 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey