Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 01:17 PM

6 posts, read 11,698 times

Advertisements

Dear All,

My real estate agent is showing me houses in Hunterdon County and Somerset county. I am relocating from MD to Bridgewater NJ. I have following criteria for the new house
1. within 30 mins of driving distance
2. White collar area with good schools
3. Ethnic diversity

My price range is 600K - 700K. I want to know if the areas selected by myk agent are good or are average. Some of the towns that I have visited for house search are Readington, Flemington, Raritan twp, Hillsborough.

And finally, would any one know if there is a public website that shows the house transactions such as purchased at what price sold for what etc. In MD we have a .gov site where we can look up public data pertaining to homes. If you could send me a link for something in NJ that will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
PK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:42 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
You'll have to define "ethnic diversity" a bit more- I can point you to areas that are "diverse" with Asians, or Indians, or Hispanics, or African Americans, but there's really not an area I can think of that has a good mix of all of them in that price range. Everyone has a different idea of what "diversity" means.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 PM

89 posts, read 444,835 times
With that budget you should be able to get into Warren, Basking Ridge, Long Hill Township... But you'll probably get less for your money...

Edit: none of which scream ethnic diversity

Old 09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Why drive 30 Minutes when you can find a nice house in the better sections of Bridgewater that are in your price range.
Bridgewater has good schools of course you will get many opinions why XYZ towns have better schools.
Look in the mountain homes in Martinsville and anything north of Rt 22, stay away from Findern, Bradley Gardens.
Bridgewater has better shopping and more restaurants than those towns you listed.

Bridgewater is about the most diverse of the desirable towns in Somerset county.I am talking Asians, Indians, African Americans.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 PM

132 posts, read 410,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanjrekar View Post
Dear All,

My real estate agent is showing me houses in Hunterdon County and Somerset county. I am relocating from MD to Bridgewater NJ. I have following criteria for the new house
1. within 30 mins of driving distance
2. White collar area with good schools
3. Ethnic diversity

My price range is 600K - 700K. I want to know if the areas selected by myk agent are good or are average. Some of the towns that I have visited for house search are Readington, Flemington, Raritan twp, Hillsborough.

And finally, would any one know if there is a public website that shows the house transactions such as purchased at what price sold for what etc. In MD we have a .gov site where we can look up public data pertaining to homes. If you could send me a link for something in NJ that will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
PK
I believe the largest Hindu temple in NJ is in Bridgewater, thus a lot of Indians come from all over the area and congregate there. Bridgewater has a very big Indian population, similar to Edison. I am assuming this is what you mean when you say ethnic diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey