Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

We're DYING for some "healthy" stuff out here in Western Morris County...it seems we don't have the population to sustain a WF, TJ or anything like that (due to the fact there's no plans to put one here), even though the median income is there (well over $100K/yr). Honestly, I think what you're describing could thrive in towns like Chester, Mendham, Randolph, Succasunna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I cant really say the name. The franchise wants to make all the official announcements, and I am bound by a contract. But it is very unique, and we offer healthy versions of traditionally unhealthy food in a fast food setting.

I am a doctor. I dont get your last statement.
Is it something where you would have competition? Selling the same item in a non-healthy variety?

Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
I need help finding locations in Morris, Bergen, and Passaic counties.

I own the franchise rights to these three counties. I cant get too specific yet, but over the next 5 years I will be opening 20 locations for healthy fast food. The stores are very young, trendy and "green" with cool logos and marketing. By this time next year, I want to have the first 2 or 3 open and running, and want those 2 or 3 to be at the top locations on the list

I figure the best places are near Starbucks, large health clubs, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, etc. I have been driving around both purposely in areas I know, and aimlessly in areas I dont know. I was hoping you guys could suggest some locations to cut down on the aimless portion of my search.

I know Morris pretty well, especially Morristown and East of Morristown. I especially need help with Bergen and Passaic, but ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated. Downtown Ridgewood and Englewood are no brainers, but any other suggestions???

Thanks.

AMD

Target corporate lunch goers. Maybe during lunchtime drive around the honeywell building and see where they go for lunch... and see if those areas have ideal locations.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:45 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Are you doing delivery?

Old 09-26-2010, 03:52 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Whats a healthy fast food chain? Panera Bread ?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykstevenyg View Post
The radburn town center section of Fair Lawn would be a good spot I think. Many people get off the train right by it and it is a very busy area.
Cool. I never heard of the Radburn town center until now. I googled it and it looks interesting. I will check it out in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
We're DYING for some "healthy" stuff out here in Western Morris County...it seems we don't have the population to sustain a WF, TJ or anything like that (due to the fact there's no plans to put one here), even though the median income is there (well over $100K/yr). Honestly, I think what you're describing could thrive in towns like Chester, Mendham, Randolph, Succasunna.
We will definitely be hitting Western Morris. It is a little harder out there for the obvious reason you mentioned, but we will be doing both take out and delivery, so I think it will work. Corporate wont let me put a franchise in an area where their data shows we would lose money. Out in "the boonies" (no offense meant) there is more overhead with wear and tear on the delivery vehicles, and the need for extra drivers b/c it takes longer for each delivery. But I dont think this will be a big deal because people out there are our demographic, and there will be enough orders to sustain the place, even with the added overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Is it something where you would have competition? Selling the same item in a non-healthy variety?
Yes, absolutely the same items in a non-healthy variety, but I dont know that I would call them the competition. If someone wants to eat healthy, they are going to eat healthy. If someone wants to eat a lot of fat and grease, then they are not going to buy our product. I dont think this business really HAS any competition yet, but I hope one day, it has a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Target corporate lunch goers. Maybe during lunchtime drive around the honeywell building and see where they go for lunch... and see if those areas have ideal locations.
Even better, these types of businesses often order in. I will definitely be targeting them. I also want to target schools and get some of our food on their menus, instead of all the cr+p they feed our kids now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Are you doing delivery?
Yes, that is a large part of the business model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Whats a healthy fast food chain? Panera Bread ?
No. Nothing like Panera bread. Picture, more like something you might buy at whole foods for lunch. A health food version of traditionally unhealthy types of food.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:51 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Sounds kinda like Muscle Maker Grill. I go to the one in Parsippany (next to the new LA FItness) and it's always packed.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:28 AM

329 posts, read 1,047,446 times
you know, i would strongly consider planting some of your stores around office parks. I know several friends of mine who work in montvale/woodcliff lakes who are always complaining about the lack of good lunch options.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:22 AM

543 posts, read 1,456,071 times
Quote:
I cant really say the name. The franchise wants to make all the official announcements, and I am bound by a contract. But it is very unique, and we offer healthy versions of traditionally unhealthy food in a fast food setting.

I am a doctor. I dont get your last statement.
The Closter Plaza (a small strip mall) on Piermont Road has some store vacancies. Also, there was talk of a Whole Foods going into a former food store there, don't know if that's for sure. Norwood on Livingston Street is booming, and there are several strip malls with a Panera Bread, etc.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:39 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Sounds kinda like Muscle Maker Grill. I go to the one in Parsippany (next to the new LA FItness) and it's always packed.
I guess I know where I am going to lunch one day this week I have to check it out. I can write it off as research too. Parsippany is one of my top picks, due to the large population of both residents and businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
you know, i would strongly consider planting some of your stores around office parks. I know several friends of mine who work in montvale/woodcliff lakes who are always complaining about the lack of good lunch options.
That is good to know. We are thinking that the highest visibility would be in town centers, but we will be sending ads to large offices that can order from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
The Closter Plaza (a small strip mall) on Piermont Road has some store vacancies. Also, there was talk of a Whole Foods going into a former food store there, don't know if that's for sure. Norwood on Livingston Street is booming, and there are several strip malls with a Panera Bread, etc.
Thanks. I will do a drive by on my next Bergen location search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey