Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 AM

122 posts, read 377,526 times

Advertisements

So this morning, I was told there'd be no working from home and thus trekked out to Edison to take the train in.

The Kilmer parking lot is in horrible shape. All of the daily spaces had the snow plowed into them, so you can't park - let alone read the numbers so you know which space to pay for.

Moreover, the walkway that leads from the parking lot to the street sidewalk/underpass is COMPLETELY unshoveled. I had to follow in someone else's footsteps - literally - to get through.

I want to put in a complaint about it. It's downright dangerous. Someone could get hurt if they don't at least shovel out the walk. Furthermore, if I get towed or ticketed, I want to have something on my side so I can contest it.

Is there a stationmaster, regional rep, etc. anyone who I can get some actual response from? I've had to call the main NJT line before, and I was lucky if I got a helpful phone rep who couldn't tell me any details simply because there were none.

The complaint would go nowhere. At this rate, I'm better off hoping that the buses come semi-normally down Rt. 27 so I can take one to Plainfield Ave and schlep the rest of the way, or take a taxi to New Brunswick station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 06:56 AM

312 posts, read 1,164,018 times
u could drive to metropark where there is a covered parking deck.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 AM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPByron View Post
So this morning, I was told there'd be no working from home and thus trekked out to Edison to take the train in.

The Kilmer parking lot is in horrible shape. All of the daily spaces had the snow plowed into them, so you can't park - let alone read the numbers so you know which space to pay for.

Moreover, the walkway that leads from the parking lot to the street sidewalk/underpass is COMPLETELY unshoveled. I had to follow in someone else's footsteps - literally - to get through.

I want to put in a complaint about it. It's downright dangerous. Someone could get hurt if they don't at least shovel out the walk. Furthermore, if I get towed or ticketed, I want to have something on my side so I can contest it.

Is there a stationmaster, regional rep, etc. anyone who I can get some actual response from? I've had to call the main NJT line before, and I was lucky if I got a helpful phone rep who couldn't tell me any details simply because there were none.

The complaint would go nowhere. At this rate, I'm better off hoping that the buses come semi-normally down Rt. 27 so I can take one to Plainfield Ave and schlep the rest of the way, or take a taxi to New Brunswick station.
I wouldn't be that shocked that the day after a huge blizzard, when trains are running on weekend schedules and people are still not able to get to work, that no one was answering a phone to take your complaint about snow, lol.

The lots are usually the responsibility of the town, whether run by them or contracted out, so it doesn't make sense to call NJ Transit in the first place. NJT publishes the parking info and contract info for the lots on their website so that you can contact the appropriate people. Click on "Rider Guide" and then "Station and Parking Info" to get the numbers. Complaining about the problem might not help you this time, but maybe during the next storm they'll do things differently. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
NJT is trying to keep up with the system , but i don't think they do the parking lots.... The towns do , they do the stations .....

Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
You certainly have a right to complain, how dare the Govt. Railroad, Bus companies. allow that much snow to accumulate in their parking lots. Shame on them they should all have heated pavement so that snow does not stick.
Write a letter to those agencies telling them you would be glad to pay extra for your transportation ticket to cover the costs of heating parking lots, walkways. etc etc.

I can't understand why snow has to accumulate at all on any streets.
But if snow must build up, every street should have a designated snow plow and driver just waiting for the snow to accumulate. I know I would be willing to pay for a tax increase to help pay for that service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey