Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The issue is that no one is allowed to govern the state except from within the state. When the pres. and vp leave the country they are still in command and it does not fall to the speaker of the house to govern the country.

I think the issue maybe to lift the ban of governing absentia and while I understand that THIS lt gov is not paid per se, there is nothing that links sec. of state to lt gov. from here on out. If the Lt Gov is a paid position than that person has a responsibility to be available when the governor is not.
So.....Sweeney took over...you think they didn't communicate?
Cripes with all that is wrong in this state that is the least of my worries that they were both on vacation out of state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 10:15 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
I'm pissed that there is snow on my street and Obama is in Hawaii. Why isn't he here, doing something about it??? Damn politicians, always taking vacations, never doing what they are supposed to do. How come Obama and Christie are taking vacations at the same time? Especially at a time like this when Pennsylvania is threatening to take over NJ by force. Where is the leadership? This is like Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill combined!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm pissed that there is snow on my street and Obama is in Hawaii. Why isn't he here, doing something about it??? Damn politicians, always taking vacations, never doing what they are supposed to do. How come Obama and Christie are taking vacations at the same time? Especially at a time like this when Pennsylvania is threatening to take over NJ by force. Where is the leadership? This is like Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill combined!!!
Ok, now this is funny!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,679 times
Quote:

I am also appalled at Obama being on vacation soo much. Vacations are getting out of control for these politicians.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
So.....Sweeney took over...you think they didn't communicate?
Cripes with all that is wrong in this state that is the least of my worries that they were both on vacation out of state
I have no idea if they communicate or not, nor do you. But technically the governor is not allowed to govern from outside the state. Not sure why that is exactly but if they lifted that ban, then this would be a complete non-issue.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:40 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I am also appalled at Obama being on vacation soo much. Vacations are getting out of control for these politicians.
I was being sarcastic.

I dont think the vacations are a big deal. High stress jobs require decompression time.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,094 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure we could take either Delaware OR Rhode Island without a problem.

It's PA that I worry about. There are a lot of them, they like guns, and there is nothing they would like more than to have oceanfront property. The Pennsylvania Shore???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
I actually once heard them say "the beautiful Pennsylvania coast" once during a nationally televised Eagles game. They were showing a live shot of Atlantic City at the time.

We have to secure the main entry points! We must shut down the AC rail line, the AC expressway, as well as routes 322, 40, and 30. They can't take Atlantic City away from us!!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 AM

621 posts, read 2,326,716 times
Bottom line is, when you setup a government with redundency, the two top leaders of this state should not be on vacation at the same time. Christie should have made it a priority to get back to the state.

His response was to bash the Mayors of these towns that needed state aid. Not all towns are equipped to handle a massive paralyzing blizzard. Matter of fact no town was from monmouth to southern ocean county because the storm had a bigger impact than previously thought. Christie is quick to play pass the buck. In his first year in office, there is a list a mile long of the people that he's thrown under the bus.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
We have to secure the main entry points! We must shut down the AC rail line, the AC expressway, as well as routes 322, 40, and 30. They can't take Atlantic City away from us!!
But they'll try, damn them. First it will be the Camden Aquarium.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:48 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
Bottom line is, when you setup a government with redundency, the two top leaders of this state should not be on vacation at the same time. Christie should have made it a priority to get back to the state.

His response was to bash the Mayors of these towns that needed state aid. Not all towns are equipped to handle a massive paralyzing blizzard. Matter of fact no town was from monmouth to southern ocean county because the storm had a bigger impact than previously thought. Christie is quick to play pass the buck. In his first year in office, there is a list a mile long of the people that he's thrown under the bus.
Even the beloved Asbury Park press said he was totally wrong. They can find no fault in him. That jerk refuses to admit he did anything wrong ever. He said they did a good job. I would like him if he said my commissioner dropped the ball and we were overwhelmed. It's not hard to admit failure. His ego is bigger then his waistline. He graded the states response as and A. They have a poll on the APP website and the OVERWHELMINGLY majority of people give the state a failing grade. I guess we are all wrong and he is right. I voted for him the first time but not again. I understand the Jersey cocky, ego thing. But never to admit fault is not good. Some state roads are still a mess almost a week after the storm and he's back in NJ for 6 hours praising the job his appointed commissioner did. If this was private industry the commissioner would be on the unemployment line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey