Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
No worries and thank you. I was just going to hit myself on the head because I was hesitant about getting into Med Tower but if it turned condo...well could have been nice opportunity I missed.
Nope, looks as if I am mistaken--I did some searching, and I think Med North is still a co-op. I could have sworn he said they already went condo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nope, looks as if I am mistaken--I did some searching, and I think Med North is still a co-op. I could have sworn he said they already went condo.
I was going to say something but I thought you or whoever told you might have known something that the public didn't know. I hadn't heard anything about it -- not that it means it didn't happen. They are still listed as a co-op -- in ads, the sign, with the local brokers, etc.

Of the 3 Med buildings, I always rated North last, then South and then West. South had very low maintenance, primarily because they did not do any major improvements. Their capital improvements were negligible and they had no reserve fund. Early on, many of the people who lived there, served on the board, etc., had a very narrow mindset -- be debt-free (have no underlying mortgage) and have low maintenance. These people were older and didn't care about amenities, more modern aesthetics, improvements, etc. Well, that didn't appeal to the masses.

Regardless, after the first two were built, the developer made some construction improvements on the last one. All the apartments (I think) had terraces, more parking, slightly different shape(s), different layouts, etc.

Anyway, they are all nice. Different strokes for different folks.

Check out Horizon. Many buildings -- from a high-rise to mid-rises, all different layouts, floor-plans, duplexes, split levels, etc. Nice.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 PM

24 posts, read 70,478 times
Everybodys input is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM

88 posts, read 298,035 times
also check out njmls.com

Old 02-25-2011, 03:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,842 times
Hey, before finding some Apartment in the city of NewYork try finding someone you know or have contact of someone who stays over there or have so as to be on safer side, and dont try to go in for a flat but find a apartment on rent.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:39 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1975 View Post
Some parts of Teaneck are better than others.
Better in what way? No part of Teaneck is unsafe..................... So tell me EXACTLY what you mean by "better". Hummm.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 PM

220 posts, read 701,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesJerseyGirl View Post
I'm trying to buy rather then rent. I don't care how much living space i have. I just need it to be "safe" since I am a single female trying to live on my own.
Was in exact same position as you (add Bogota and RP to your list)...Wanted a no frills, simple place for some privacy and peace of mind (getting too old for roommates!).

All three towns are relatively safe since pretty much all of BC is safe..

Fort Lee came out way ahead during my search.. no comparative "run-down" areas in FL like Hackensack and Teaneck have.

NYC is quick 1 stop bus ride and you can take A train express down which is quicker than sitting in Lincoln Tunnel traffic on the 167X bus from Teaneck.
Also great to get into the city much quicker if you wanna head to Central Park for the day, or meet friends in city.

I feel "congestion" in Fort Lee is way hyped up. Of course you'll have traffic on the bridge at rush hr, but you can somewhat avoid this if you take local roads or avoid I-95 at rush hrs which I don't drive daily. River Rd. in Hackensack and Cedar Lane/Teaneck Rd can be just as congested at times.

If you're young(ish) and like going out I feel you have more options than more family oriented Hackensack/Teaneck.. You're closer to NYC/Edgewater/Hoboken/JC and can take advantage of their venues without having to pay astronomical housing prices to buy there.

Of course if you prefer the Bergen County (Ridgewood/Paramus/Westwood/Englewood) vibe/eateries, you can just hop on any one of the highways that converge into FL - Route 4/46/I-95/1&9/Pal Parkway, etc which makes it convenient.

I'm starting to sound like an advertisement, but to be fair, I've never felt "unsafe" in any town in BC but after looking for several months the points above put FL head, at least for me.

Last edited by looksrich; 03-16-2011 at 12:45 PM..

Old 03-16-2011, 04:48 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
So, did you make any decisions?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,860 times
Do NOT buy a coop unless you know exactly what it is and what you are getting yourself into.

If you dont, do not buy it, even if the price is <50% of a condo.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
Doorman Luis is very unprofessional and has race discrimination. Since my family is Asian, looks like he's having race discrimination against us. May be even against Asian residents since I have not seen him helping other Asian residents. When I talk to him, he makes fun of my family in a way. I'm feeling very humiliated and uncomfortable, unsafe when he is on duty. I hope you can consider this when you purchase or rent an apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey