Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:54 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,880,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
what new bus routes would you like to see for getting to and around NJ???? from where to where and why??? how frequent do you want it??
We don't need new bus routes , we have alot. We need New Rail routes.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,956,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I am aware of that BUT IN SJ IS THERE TRACK THAT ALLOWS FOR A CROSSTOWN RAIL???? No there isn't. Trains and bus rtes are needed in different parts of NJ. the 322 and 40 corridors have no rail tracks laid out and no bus service hence why travel from hammonton to bridgeton is too long to warrent using NJT in its current form. The glassboro line and cape may line will allow one to go from hammonton to vineland or even buena via transfer to 553. how can one travel. I want to know the underserved areas I also want to know the crappy bus rtes and how they can be realigned for better service to complement the coming rails

Old 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
my transit proposal that I was making actually does not add new bus routes except for in south and central jersey. Where crosstown lines are made and the infrequents are either enhanced slightly or merged with rtes from other regions to create regional express rtes that do thing the rail doesnt do. however they would gain ridership when the new rail lines are created due to further restructuring the network into a grid. I would share it but I am not sure.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,280,007 times
I find it amazing that on many of the NJT lines, rail service pretty much stops around midnight. In my opinion, it encourages drunk driving among people in suburban towns getting in and out of the city and Hoboken.

To my knowledge, many lines on the LIRR run every hour on the hour throughout the entire night. Why can't NJT do that?

Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,880,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I find it amazing that on many of the NJT lines, rail service pretty much stops around midnight. In my opinion, it encourages drunk driving among people in suburban towns getting in and out of the city and Hoboken.

To my knowledge, many lines on the LIRR run every hour on the hour throughout the entire night. Why can't NJT do that?
The last trains depart Hoboken at 12.30 am , NJT opposes 24/7 service....its too expensive to run and would serve a tiny amount of people.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
The last trains depart Hoboken at 12.30 am , NJT opposes 24/7 service....its too expensive to run and would serve a tiny amount of people.
in a way NJT is right most of suburban NJ is empty and deserted!!! even camden doesnt warrent 24/7 bus service and light rail as camden at night and burlington are empty!!!!! atlantic county is the only county in NJ where MOST BUS RTES ARE 24/7 AND THATS SOUTH JERSEY!!!! the only exception being 509,508,504 and 315(AWFUL)!!!! god I hate 315!!! and 502 whose night service is available from rerouted 553 night trips. 553 at MIDNIGHT IS FULL!!!!!! shocking considering the roads are practically deserted!!! you can walk on GSP at night and not get hit by a car if dumb enough to attempt.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM

303 posts, read 753,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
what new bus routes would you like to see for getting to and around NJ???? from where to where and why??? how frequent do you want it??

buses no, trains and rail yes. We need lines that transport people INTO either city. For instance having a line from Paterson TO JC, having a few stops along the way of course, which would help serve those from Bergen county who come to JC. Just one example.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:37 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,085,406 times
How does it suck? Let me count the ways. Dirty buses, broken seats, 1/2 hour late with no reason given, AMTRAK controls the tunnels, hot in the summer & cold in the winter, surly drivers, fare increases with no increase in service. You name it.

Probably the most asinine thing when I used to take the 68 bus out of Hoboken is that the last one leaves at 6 pm! Have they ever considered that half the people work to 6 or later nowadays? They're running on 1950s Leave It To Beaver schedules.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 AM

41 posts, read 112,783 times
NJ transit is a consistent mess!! The trains always have a delay (I suppose this has everything to do with the 1 tunnel) and it just seems to me that the trains drive extremely slow. I drive alongside them all the time and I'm pretty sure I could drive to these destinations faster.....Which is the exact opposite point of mass transportation is. Also, trains not running on weekends and running once an hour is pretty annoying.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 AM

41 posts, read 112,783 times
DITTO to everything said below

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
My biggest gripes with NJTransit are 1) price (as others have mentioned) and 2) parking. If you don't live close enough to walk to a parking station the wait for a permit is YEARS long near most of the train stations. Additionally a lot of the stations ONLY have permit parking and bus service to the nearest train station isn't always easy/effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey