Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,290 times

Advertisements

Lately it seems as if people are just not feeling his guy. I point to a few specific things that make me wonder if he isnt a lame duck already. Not to mention a very very interesting comment he made when someone asked hiim about a reelection bid.

1. The school funding case against him does not look good
2. His approval rating took a pretty big hit last time out
3. The feds demanding he pay back the tunnel money
4. The NJ redistricting map win for the Dems.

Should be very interesting to see what happens with the money he could "owe". How it will effect people's view of him and the consequences if he just doesnt pay up.

Then I found this which honestly seems as if he already copping out of running. I actually think he may be scared to run and lose and essentially lose any of his remaining political clout.

How about for re-election?

"We'll see," he said. "There are complicated election laws affecting that answer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
What will happen is if people's lives do not get better they will begin to think- the governor is demonizing all these public sector employees and I thought that would help me but hey my life has not changed. Right now we are still in the cycle of a lot of people hurting and they want others to hurt or believe that these changes will result in improved conditions for them. If they do not see tangible results the governor will lose support.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:53 AM

I agree that a lot of people just want others to feel the pain but I guess that's just human nature. I really think his statements on re election are interesting to say the least.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Lately it seems as if people are just not feeling his guy. I point to a few specific things that make me wonder if he isnt a lame duck already. Not to mention a very very interesting comment he made when someone asked hiim about a reelection bid.

1. The school funding case against him does not look good
2. His approval rating took a pretty big hit last time out
3. The feds demanding he pay back the tunnel money
4. The NJ redistricting map win for the Dems.

Should be very interesting to see what happens with the money he could "owe". How it will effect people's view of him and the consequences if he just doesnt pay up.

Then I found this which honestly seems as if he already copping out of running. I actually think he may be scared to run and lose and essentially lose any of his remaining political clout.

"We'll see," he said. "There are complicated election laws affecting that answer."
Time will tell.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Time will tell.

I agree time will tell but as of today it seems as if things are stacking up against him in a big way.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,152 times
I would not be shocked if he pulled a Sarah Palin and up and quit.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post

This is a very cryptic statement, for sure!
I really wonder what he meant when he said that.

If he "pulls a Palin" and resigns, at least we would finally get to hear the voice of Silent Kim, our Lieutenant Governor.
Has anyone ever heard her voice?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I would not be shocked if he pulled a Sarah Palin and up and quit.
Why would you think he will quit? He can easily turn into a crook and stay on board. After all, people love voting for crooks because they all promising free gift. The crooks never did wrong, but always did right thing. When there was something good happens, they claim credits. When there is something bad happen, its always the other people's fault.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
It would be nice if Christie at least has one shot with a legislature controlled by republicans. I think some good things could get done. And if people still weren't happy they could elect them all out and go back to what we had before.

But I don't see that happening. And I feel we will see a democrat next election. And then I think some of the things we need fixed will never have a shot.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:48 PM

I think my title is wrong. After giving it some thought it should say that is it possible Christie has lost his "mojo".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey