Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,417,409 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! Thanks in advance for your help.

I am driving from the Philadelphia area to catch a flight at Newark Airport on the 24th.

What is the free way to park for a week? Are there quiet streets in Newark, or Elizabeth where I can leave my car for a week?

Should I park in uptown Manhattan above 80th street?

There has got to be a way not to drop $100 on parking, help me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,953,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Hey guys! Thanks in advance for your help.

I am driving from the Philadelphia area to catch a flight at Newark Airport on the 24th.

What is the free way to park for a week? Are there quiet streets in Newark, or Elizabeth where I can leave my car for a week?

Should I park in uptown Manhattan above 80th street?

There has got to be a way not to drop $100 on parking, help me out!
DON'T BOTHER use the train even amtrak is cheaper than that and that is the most expensive travel option!!!!!!!!! Use SEPTA/NJT combo if ur lucky you can get an NJT express train. The septa combo costs around $25.75 and Amtrak costs $52!!!!! yes just $52 literally half of what you will pay in parking!!!!! Cause if you drive you pay gas, parking AND STILL have to use mass transit to the airport. CMON you know better. Amtrak if you book now you can get the $52 fare to the airport its the fastest option only an hour!!!!! click here Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder and take the train buddy!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:13 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,223,538 times
Quote:
Sure. Just like there's quiet streets in North Philadelphia where you can leave your car for a week.

Seriously, do you really think there'd be much paid parking at all if you could find spots to leave a car for a week? You're dreaming. Take the train or pay the piper.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 PM

^I've parked in North Philly for weeks unbothered. Obviously you can't answer my question, but thanks for the snide, useless remark.

Again, could anybody tell me of a neighborhood (albeit ghetto,) where I could leave my car for a week without it getting towed or ticketed? For example in Philly, you can park a few blocks off Broad St. and walk 2 blocks, take 2 trains and be at the airport. I'm looking for a similar situation, and I know it can be found.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
^I've parked in North Philly for weeks unbothered. Obviously you can't answer my question, but thanks for the snide, useless remark.

Again, could anybody tell me of a neighborhood (albeit ghetto,) where I could leave my car for a week without it getting towed or ticketed? For example in Philly, you can park a few blocks off Broad St. and walk 2 blocks, take 2 trains and be at the airport. I'm looking for a similar situation, and I know it can be found.

Thanks
what point of take the train do u not get nevermind amtrak is the most direct way. since u are in philly use septa to 30th from where u are then use amtrak yes they are affordable

Old 05-15-2011, 03:12 PM

It is not affordable, Forrest.

Thanks for nothing - I found out my solution - costs me $35 bucks to park for a week in Elizabeth and I take a bus 10 mins to the airport.

Never in my life have I seen such useless information as qjbustmaster and nybbler. Shows how much you know North Jersey.

By the way, Amtrak was over $130. Remind me to ask advice here again. You can keep your own trash advice, trolls.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
It is not affordable, Forrest.

Thanks for nothing - I found out my solution - costs me $35 bucks to park for a week in Elizabeth and I take a bus 10 mins to the airport.

Never in my life have I seen such useless information as qjbustmaster and nybbler. Shows how much you know North Jersey.

By the way, Amtrak was over $130. Remind me to ask advice here again. You can keep your own trash advice, trolls.
I SAID BOOK IMMEDIATELY ONLINE TO GET $52 FARE!!!! U booked too late so now you have to drive anyway. Or drive to trenton which has even cheaper parking. From there the train takes you direct the NJT one plus at am rush you get EXPRESS TRAINS!!!!! The day I gave u the advice was when I saw the $52 fare. Trenton has better street parking than elizbeth. The cheap fare is ONLINE ONLY U CAN'T GET IT AT THE STATION!!!!!!!! Plus if elizbeth is $35 then try trenton as there it's even cheaper. From there you get the NJT express trains so u dont have to put up with the local septa trains. I checked again $130 was acela express. u checked the wrong train. NJT serves airport directly. Or the cheapest way period is megabus $11 or less to NY then use any train to Newark liberty as that whole trip is less than 2 hours. You can disreguard my earlier post. And do ur mass transit research before going on a stupid bashing spree. megabus.com

Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,968,050 times
Just curious...why don't you just park at Newark Airport? I thought you could find long term parking for $8 a day? That's only a little more expensive than your Elizabeth idea, but you'll be right at the airport and don't have to worry about a bus.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Just curious...why don't you just park at Newark Airport? I thought you could find long term parking for $8 a day? That's only a little more expensive than your Elizabeth idea, but you'll be right at the airport and don't have to worry about a bus.
$18 per day :/ Ridiculous if you ask me. I have no problem with a ten minute bus ride.. I save over 100 dollars, which is the majority of my car insurance for the month. It adds up when you go on vacation.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,968,050 times
Quote:
$18 per day :/ Ridiculous if you ask me. I have no problem with a ten minute bus ride.. I save over 100 dollars, which is the majority of my car insurance for the month. It adds up when you go on vacation.
Oh. I haven't been to Newark Airport in a while. I coulda sworn there was $8 and $9 parking.

There used to be cheap parking in Harrison as well...on par with what you found in Elizabeth. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey