Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 6,237 times

Advertisements

Currently considering moving from LES NY to one-bedroom apartment on Palisade Ave in Jersey City Heights; On Trulia, the crime map says its relatively safe, but I want to investigate a bit more around the surrounding areas before I make my decision.

How would crime in this area compare to the lower east side of NY? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 09:26 PM

119 posts, read 233,082 times
The Heights is a nice and quiet neighborhood. You shouldn't have any problems there. However, Palisade Ave is one of the busier streets in the Heights. I'd worry more about the noise and street traffic. There is crime but not to the degree of other areas of Jersey City by far. There's just way more people and more chances for crime to take place on the LES than The Heights in my opinion. From my personal experience, the crime that usually takes place in The Heights were committed by outsiders from neighboring areas. Good luck.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 AM

862 posts, read 974,693 times
Palisade ave in jersey city safe area for the most part, and yes it's a busy street, mostly Hispanic area.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:37 PM

8 posts, read 18,878 times
The Heights is one of the safer parts of Jersey City. It's not easily accessible by Path which in a way is good with regard to crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: