Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM

79 posts, read 219,583 times

Advertisements

Hola! We just moved to NJ (Ewing area) and just found out I have 4 fibromas and need to get surgery (no wonder I couldnt get pregnant).Can anyone recommend a good OBGYN Hospital in the area or relatively close? Thank you all for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 PM

605 posts, read 2,147,055 times
Hi. If you are planning to TTC post surgery, I HIGHLY recommend that you get connected with a Reproductive Endocrinologist who does surgeries.

I had a septated uterus which means my uterus had two different compartments divided by a line of tissue that never dissolved while I was inutero. I had surgery with Michael Bohrer who is the Surgical Reproductive Endocrinologist at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA). Their main office is in Morristown, but Dr. Bohrer practices in Somerset. He did my surgery during which my problem was more extensive than initially anticipated. I had no issues, healed well, and went on to have my daughter who is almost 9 months old. He is very nice, professional, knowledgeable, and engages patients into treatment plan. I really think that I have my daughter because of him.

One of my fellow infertility friends had some fibroids removed from him, and she has a 15 month old daughter and is currently 6 months pregnant with a boy.

That is my recommendation. He does surgery at Morristown and St Peter's in New Brunswick.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 PM

11 posts, read 67,607 times
I second Magic78. Have been with Dr Bohrer due to Infertility for over a year and he is the best doctor around if you are looking for an RE.

He did my Laparoscopy earlier this year and he did a fantastic job before, during, and after the surgery. I had pre and post appointments (setup free of cost by his office without any requests from me). He spent over an hour explaining the smallest of details of the day of surgery so nothing was a surprise to me and that I would be under no stress. After the actual procedure same thing as far as what happened...that too with pictures he took during surgery. If there is a surgery involved, I would put my full trust in him. I wish there are more docs like him...he is the most gentlest, soft spoken, and knowledgable doc around.

I use his somerset office and had the surgery at CARES Surgi Center.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey