Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 PM

26 posts, read 105,145 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

After much searching and hunting and looking and despairing over unaffordable places, I will be moving to Edgewater at the end of the month! yay! As for my previous "biking to Manhattan every day", I've decided to bike to the ferry port every day and take the 7-minute ferry into town Thanks to all for the advice I received there!

So... anyone have any good ideas about staying entertained in and around Edgewater without heading into Manhattan or as far as Hoboken? Decent restaurants? Fun things to do? Friendly people in search of new friends? Classes to take?

Let's hear it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Wah

21 posts, read 86,262 times
There's this little cafe I used to love going to at night called Archetypus Cafe on Old River Rd (parallel to river rd) near the movie theater. Its a pretty cool place to hang with friends. Kinara is a great indian restaurant right on River Rd, if you like indian. Ahhh... I miss that area.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
Hi there!

After much searching and hunting and looking and despairing over unaffordable places, I will be moving to Edgewater at the end of the month! yay! As for my previous "biking to Manhattan every day", I've decided to bike to the ferry port every day and take the 7-minute ferry into town Thanks to all for the advice I received there!

So... anyone have any good ideas about staying entertained in and around Edgewater without heading into Manhattan or as far as Hoboken? Decent restaurants? Fun things to do? Friendly people in search of new friends? Classes to take?

Let's hear it!
Robertos on River Road in Edgewater is very good. Fort Lee has number of good restaurants and places to have a drink. Don't forget Hirams Hot Dogs and Hamburgers on Palisade Avenue in Fort Lee the place is a landmark. By the way if you go to Hirams and don't want to sound like your from out of town order your hot dogs and fries this way. 2 dogs and a fry is 21 three dogs and a fry 31, three dogs two fries 32 etc..etc. Remember dogs always first! Good luck.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:30 PM

26 posts, read 105,145 times
thanks guys!

do you say "twenty-one" or "two-one" for 21?

I'm getting hungry just reading your posts...

Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
thanks guys!

do you say "twenty-one" or "two-one" for 21?

I'm getting hungry just reading your posts...
Twenty one is the way to go

Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 6,148 times
Vespa's has a bit of a bar scene. You can also try Edgewater Wine. I'll second the recommendation for Archetypus. Finally, in warmer weather there's always Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey