Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM

72 posts, read 385,508 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of parking situation at the Elizabeth train station. My friend told me there is a parking garage that leads directly into the train station via an elevator. Meaning I won't have to walk outside after exiting the train. If this is the case....pls share the garage location & any other insights you may have on an easy commute to NYC from Elizabeth. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 AM

526 posts, read 2,068,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
Does anyone know of parking situation at the Elizabeth train station. My friend told me there is a parking garage that leads directly into the train station via an elevator. Meaning I won't have to walk outside after exiting the train. If this is the case....pls share the garage location & any other insights you may have on an easy commute to NYC from Elizabeth. TIA
The garage is cool, I've parked there. I think it's about $6 a day, less if you buy a monthly pass, and I've always found a spot. But I don't think the elevator leads you directly into the station. However, the station is right across the street from the garage, so it's only about a 30-second walk.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM

72 posts, read 385,508 times
oh ok. well how safe is it in the evenings/late nite? Thanks

Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
oh ok. well how safe is it in the evenings/late nite? Thanks
It's safe. There's usuallly a police officer patrolling the area and with all the commuters and the close proximity to the station, you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM

562 posts, read 2,614,865 times
yes.. I used to commute all the time.. normally drove to the lot and parking was never an issue.. and ETOWN is right.. it's less than a 30 second walk.. basically down the stairs of the train station and into the lot.. it's very secure.. also there are tons of cabs in the train station in case you don't want to drive..

Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,753,371 times
I wouldnt wander the back alleys and unlit areas around there late at night but its generally pretty safe. Police station is also only 2-3 blocks away.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 PM

70 posts, read 336,819 times
Hopefully an ushering of things to come.

ELIZABETH, NEW JERSEY
Redevelopment Project - 300 to 450 Units, Mix Use Development

The City of Elizabeth NJ has selected the George Group to head up the redevelopment of its downtown area. The city has always been an industrial town but the downtown’s proximity to Manhattan via rail makes Elizabeth a jewel for the commuter who spends over an hour in each direction to get home. The George Group controls a 1.9 acre piece of property directly across the street from the rail station that will whisk the commuter to Manhattan in 22 minutes. The 400 unit, mixed use project, will give the commuter all the amenities of country living, but in the city. Swimming pool, shopping, tennis courts, restaurants, even covered parking, are just some of the benefits in this project for the commuter.

The George Group ~ Current Projects (http://www.thegeorgegroup.net/current_projects.php - broken link)

http://www.samschwartz.com/port/photos/big/08nj_elizabeth01.jpg (broken link)

Midtown Elizabeth Redevelopment
City of Elizabeth, NJ
As part of an urban design and land use planning team, SSC is providing traffic engineering services for the master plan and design guidelines phase of the Midtown Redevelopment Project in Elizabeth, NJ. The redevelopment program includes 1200 units of new housing and corresponding office and retail uses focused in and around NJ Transit’s Elizabeth Station. SSC is conducting analyses of the traffic impacts and parking requirements of this proposed program. SSC will estimate trip generation, modal Split and parking demand for the various phases and land use components of the plan. We are evaluating alternative circulation schemes and recommending roadway geometries for safe and convenient access for pedestrians, bikes and vehicles.

Sam Schwartz : Portfolio : New Jersey : Elizabeth Redevelopment (http://www.samschwartz.com/port/08nj_elizabeth.html - broken link)

Just down the street on West Jersey, Union County College is underway with the 6 story Elizabeth I. Kellogg Building.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 AM

562 posts, read 2,614,865 times
wow.. just amazing..

Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 AM

Yes, this would be a great thing for the city.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM

70 posts, read 336,819 times
Take a look at the third picture, it looks like they would raise a block on Broad St. for hopefully a new station entrance. There also seems to be small pocket-park in the rendering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: