Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:59 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,474 times

Advertisements

Christie's "street punk" approach in town meetings with folks who disagree with him has reached a new low:Debating Rutgers merger, Christie gets into shouting match with an 'idiot'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
My opinion, I've lost a lot of respect for Christie, as to the way he handled this situation. His comment, "Damn, I'm the govenor" So what???? Your a human being and that in itself should merrit you the patience to stop and listen to others. That's your job...if they disagree with you, so what? Maybe by talking about it, you can both walk away and learn something, and then for him to say, he wouldn't make an apology, another example of entitlement....

I stick with my opinion of him...he looks like a don, working for a more powerful elete group of people rather then the common residents of NJ.

He's a fake...pretending....and this situation, shows his inability to listen...to work with others, to be a team member. We're paying his salary and today, this kind of attitude is all to familiar within politics...

Old 03-10-2012, 05:45 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,748,440 times
"...Brown repeatedly interrupted the Republican governor. ..." "...“I was disappointed the governor couldn’t have a debate.”

How was Brown going to have a debate with the Governor when all he did was interrupt? Brown acted no better and he deserved what he got.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:47 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
"A Democrat, Brown is a former candidate for state Assembly"

If they would have placed this at the beginning of the article, I would have read it in a whole different light. The video was so obviously edited, you have no idea what really happened. It tries to make you think this guy just wanted a question answered, but it is clear that a lot went on here that the video doesn't show. This former SEAL is a politician. He ran for assembly and is in law school now, so it is obvious where his ambitions lie. To me, his whole motivation for being there is suspect.

Here he is a month ago leading a protest:

William Brown, Navy SEAL and Rutgers Law student speaks at peaceful protest. - YouTube

Old 03-10-2012, 05:56 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
"A Democrat, Brown is a former candidate for state Assembly"

If they would have placed this at the beginning of the article, I would have read it in a whole different light. The video was so obviously edited, you have no idea what really happened. It tries to make you think this guy just wanted a question answered, but it is clear that a lot went on here that the video doesn't show. This former SEAL is a politician. He ran for assembly and is in law school now, so it is obvious where his ambitions lie. To me, his whole motivation for being there is suspect.

Here he is a month ago leading a protest:

William Brown, Navy SEAL and Rutgers Law student speaks at peaceful protest. - YouTube
New Jersey has been under seige for many many years, owned by mob bosses, and entitlement, corrupt and draining the working class citizens...I see nothing wrong with this Seal's agenda....maybe he kept interupting Christie, b/c his questions were being danced around...(business as usual)? While I can see your point, Christie was wrong for making that comment, that HE IS GOVENER...so, does that mean, that no one is allowed to challenge him? Christie is a puppet...and Jersey if falling by the wayside, due to him....greed...

Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Love me some Chris Christie.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
New Jersey has been under seige for many many years, owned by mob bosses, and entitlement, corrupt and draining the working class citizens...I see nothing wrong with this Seal's agenda....maybe he kept interupting Christie, b/c his questions were being danced around...(business as usual)? While I can see your point, Christie was wrong for making that comment, that HE IS GOVENER...so, does that mean, that no one is allowed to challenge him? Christie is a puppet...and Jersey if falling by the wayside, due to him....greed...
Brown's agenda was to make a scene and promote his future run for office. The purpose of town hall meetings is for working class citizens to raise questions to politicians. I don't see how Brown's promoting his PERSONAL agenda paints him in a positive light. It just shows me that politicians are all dirty, and he's not really any different. Business as usual in NJ!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
Quote:
The purpose of town hall meetings is for working class citizens to raise questions to politicians.
That's a joke, right? They one set up in my town was designed so no one other than some senior citizens could attend. the date and time was a secret until the last minute. The time was such that only unemployed or retired could attend.

If they didn't have food, even the seniors wouldn't have shown up.

Quote:
Christie took his "I'm the Governor and I'll do whatever I want" approach and was stunned when he didn't back down. After this change, a degree from the school will be worth even less.
Controversy surrounded his appointment; some members of the New Jersey Bar professed disappointment at Christie's lack of criminal law experience and his history as a top fundraiser for George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign. The extent of the role played by Bush's political adviser, Karl Rove, also became an issue after Christie's law partner, William Palatucci, a Republican political consultant and Bush supporter'
boasted that he had selected a United States attorney by forwarding Christie's résumé to Rove.

Christie has been accused of using his office's role in crafting deferred prosecution agreements to award lucrative federal monitoring positions in no-bid contracts to friends, supporters, and allies.[29] Questions first arose after Christie awarded a multimillion-dollar no-bid contract to David Kelley, another former U.S. Attorney, who had investigated Christie's brother, Todd Christie, in a 2005 fraud case involving traders at the Wall Street firm, Spear, Leeds & Kellogg.[30][31] Kelley had declined to prosecute Todd Christie, who had been ranked fourth in the investigation—initiating a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) complaint among twenty traders who earned the largest profits for their company at the expense of their customers. The top three were indicted, as were eleven other traders.[32]
Christie was similarly criticized for his 2007 recommendation of the appointment of The ******** Group, a consulting firm owned by Christie's former superior, the former United States Attorney General John ********, as a monitor in a court settlement against Zimmer Holdings, an Indiana medical supplies company. The no-bid contract was worth between $28 million and $52 million.[33][34] Christie defended the decision, saying that ********’s prominence and legal acumen made him a natural choice. Christie declined to intercede when Zimmer's company lawyers protested the Group’s plans to charge a rate of $1.5 million to $2.9 million per month for the monitoring.[29][35] Shortly after the House Judiciary Committee began holding hearings on the matter, the Justice Department re-wrote the rules regarding the appointment of court monitors.[36]
Christie also faced criticism over the terms of a $311-million fraud settlement with Bristol-Myers Squibb. Christie’s office deferred criminal prosecution of the pharmaceutical company in a deal that required it to dedicate $5 million for a business ethics chair at Seton Hall University School of Law, Christie's alma mater.[37][38] The U.S. Justice Department subsequently set guidelines forbidding such requirements as components of out-of-court corporate crime settlements.[39]

In June 2009, Christie was called before the House Judiciary Committee as part of its consideration of new regulations on deferred prosecution agreements. In his testimony, he defended his decisions to award no-bid, high-paying federal monitoring contracts to law firms that his critics say constitute a conflict of interest. Christie left the meeting after two and a half hours of questioning, against the requests of the Committee's chairman, stating that he had to attend to pressing business in New Jersey.[29][40]
He bought his first job even though he was inept at it. Yet he calls THIS GUY an "idiot". Got news for him. the rest of the county sees Brown as the winner.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
CC is what NJ needs as he reflects exactly the reaction of people watching him from their living rooms.

Your dads, uncles and grandpas would be socially shunned and arrested if the world could see and hear their reacttion to the evening news but oddly you hold them dear to your heart. Why should the standard in which your hold your family, be different than that for your politicians.

Pols have evolved like Darwin's finches to adapt to their food source, in this case the NJ electorate. Somehow the standards held up as a template for pols are set aside for the electorate's behavior.

NJ has sufferred at the hands of game players and their media supporters from both sides of the aisle, especially the Dems. Any social faux pax or politically incorrect infraction becomes the seed of an attack. Infractions whose existence is nothing more than weaponry. that should be clear to everyone except the political minions and the naieve.

notice the headline of the OP, CC vs a Navy Seal. That description is designed to suggest CC disrespects the military, especially the Navy Seals. It implies he is not patriotic and that anything he might have to say is not worth hearing. It is a sensational headline with an intended bias and distraction. That my friends should be a red flag for any reader of any stripe to question the source and intent of the information.

CC is a breath of fresh air and NJ's only hope for redemption.

Last edited by Kracer; 03-10-2012 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: more to say

Old 03-10-2012, 07:15 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
Quote:
designed to suggest CC disrespects the military, especially the Navy Seals.
Calling them an "idiot" does much to negate that theory. Christie's background is a joke. thinking he can do anything for the people of this state is ludicrous. He simply has his hand in everyone's pocket for the benefit of the businesses that are paying him off.

Even his celebrated criminal cases has begun to fall apart. From those he has managed to distance himself.

Even Romney doesn't see him as an asset. He came off as a laughing stock in NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey