Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,975 times

Advertisements

How or Can I remove Land Lord tenant Filings from public records search. I currently reside at a property in Essex county since 2006. back in 2006 I feel upon hard times and could not pay my rent on time, the landlord filed a case in the civil part of the courts, but before the trial date, I submitted payment to have the issue resovled. This happend 5 times throught the year never back to back

02.2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

5/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

9/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

11/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

Since 11/2006 I have not been late one time and I still currently live at the property.

Yet Im in the process of moving and checked my PUBLIC RECORDS history, which a prospective landlord is going to check also... and each one of those cases show up...

would like to no HOW TO HAVE THESE REMVOED becuase they were all settled before the scheduled court date

None of these action show on my credit report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM

4 posts, read 10,975 times
Anyone??

Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I would ask on the legal forum.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
You should contact an attorney. There is a process complete with an online PDF and all needed documents for expunging a criminal record in NJ, but getting civil actions sealed or expunged is a more difficult process. A good first step may be to contact the local county courthouse and inquire about the process for getting those records sealed or expunged, there may be one that just isn't used enough to show up online. If you get no help there, then the only and best advice is to consult an attorney.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,537 times
Default just wondering...

Hey, did you ever find the answer to your question ? I find myself asking the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by izach26 View Post
How or Can I remove Land Lord tenant Filings from public records search. I currently reside at a property in Essex county since 2006. back in 2006 I feel upon hard times and could not pay my rent on time, the landlord filed a case in the civil part of the courts, but before the trial date, I submitted payment to have the issue resovled. This happend 5 times throught the year never back to back

02.2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

5/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

9/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

11/2006 case filed i submitted payment in full before the court date including all late and legal fees

Since 11/2006 I have not been late one time and I still currently live at the property.

Yet Im in the process of moving and checked my PUBLIC RECORDS history, which a prospective landlord is going to check also... and each one of those cases show up...

would like to no HOW TO HAVE THESE REMVOED becuase they were all settled before the scheduled court date

None of these action show on my credit report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey