Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:21 AM

100 posts, read 195,575 times

Advertisements

natural selection at its finest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:19 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,681,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there are a lot of details still unknown (probably because they aren't good for the cops) but we both know that if there weren't 20+ cops standing outside the story from just the biker fight would never have been big enough to make national news. how much of that body count do you think can be attributed to the cops? hopefully we will find out the truth.

Again with this post you have proven my point ,I have already stated I don't want guns banned but you and your hatred of Police and distrust of society as a whole ,you, are the the type of person who should not be allowed to carry a gun and if we can't do that ,then your ass should be regulated out the roof.The facts are in and the cops aren't at fault this was a biker rumble and all any can say about the Police is they were a God send !!!

Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,726,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Again with this post you have proven my point ,I have already stated I don't want guns banned but you and your hatred of Police and distrust of society as a whole ,you, are the the type of person who should not be allowed to carry a gun and if we can't do that ,then your ass should be regulated out the roof.The facts are in and the cops aren't at fault this was a biker rumble and all any can say about the Police is they were a God send !!!
how exactly would you imagine any regulation would disqualify me and allow others to carry? i think im exactly the type of person you want carrying. any reasonable requirements will mean i will be among those carrying.

its not accurate to say that i hate police. i just pointed out that cops arent the only ones that enjoy living and that guns in their hands can often lead to worse outcomes than civilian hands. but you are all torn up over this debate so you are getting letting your delicate emotions impact your judgement.

do you have a link to the info you are referring to regarding the waco incident? i havent heard new details and a quick google search didnt yield anything,.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
how exactly would you imagine any regulation would disqualify me and allow others to carry? i think im exactly the type of person you want carrying. any reasonable requirements will mean i will be among those carrying.

its not accurate to say that i hate police. i just pointed out that cops arent the only ones that enjoy living and that guns in their hands can often lead to worse outcomes than civilian hands. but you are all torn up over this debate so you are getting letting your delicate emotions impact your judgement.

do you have a link to the info you are referring to regarding the waco incident? i havent heard new details and a quick google search didnt yield anything,.

1)Your mental state should be taken into consideration ,you would be denied on that alone (or should be)

2)No pretty much you pointed out that you hate police .(post#351 )

3) As for Waco find it yourself

The Latest on Waco Shooting: Biker Group Gets Proclamation - ABC News

Restaurant footage viewed by The Associated Press shows the shooting began after a confrontation between two rival gangs in the eatery's parking lot. Police said they returned fire after being shot at.

Waco biker shooting: Weapons stashed in odd places - CNN.com

Old 05-31-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
1)Your mental state should be taken into consideration ,you would be denied on that alone (or should be)

3) As for Waco find it yourself

The Latest on Waco Shooting: Biker Group Gets Proclamation - ABC News

Restaurant footage viewed by The Associated Press shows the shooting began after a confrontation between two rival gangs in the eatery's parking lot. Police said they returned fire after being shot at.

Waco biker shooting: Weapons stashed in odd places - CNN.com
let me sum things up:

Quote:
.The facts are in and the cops aren't at fault this was a biker rumble and all any can say about the Police is they were a God send !!!

Quote:
you are basically illiterate.
those two articles are from may 21 and may 22. there is no new information being presented by your articles that are more than a week old. you are so illiterate its impressive. you really have no business being involved in any kind of debate because you are not armed with the proper reading comprehension to have the debate.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
1)
and here is post 351:

Quote:
there are a lot of details still unknown (probably because they aren't good for the cops) but we both know that if there weren't 20+ cops standing outside the story from just the biker fight would never have been big enough to make national news. how much of that body count do you think can be attributed to the cops? hopefully we will find out the truth.
nowhere does it say that I hate police. like I said, it demonstrates that often police being involved in a crime scene can lead to more deaths than armed citizens. I don't completely blame them, they are the police and people expect them to act. if some innocent person got shot and the police were seen as not reacting properly, blame could be given to them. they are in a tough position (and I don't know whether or not they made the right decision).

oh and id love to hear some more info on how my mental state should disqualify me from receiving a carry permit (if that were currently a possibility).

Old 05-31-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
oh and id love to hear some more info on how my mental state should disqualify me from receiving a carry permit (if that were currently a possibility).

Simple all people need do is read your rhetoric comments and that speaks for it's self .

Old 06-01-2015, 08:06 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,282,616 times
I live in NYC (for now). Believe me, you don't want the NYPD to start shooting. I can post links if you want, but they're notoriously bad shots. I can't speak for all gun owners, but from experience most of us practice far more often than any LEO. In a lot of states, you're required to train before getting a carry license. That training includes knowledge of self-defense laws and an awareness of when NOT to draw.

Concealed carry citizens are very unlikely to commit crimes.
http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...ted-States.pdf See page 7, if you don't feel like reading the entire article.

And here is an article written by a cop with regard to CCW holders.
Dealing with citizens legally carrying a concealed weapon Just read the first couple paragraphs.

I'm thinking CaptainNJ is one of the last people you need to worry about.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I live in NYC (for now). Believe me, you don't want the NYPD to start shooting. I can post links if you want, but they're notoriously bad shots. I can't speak for all gun owners, but from experience most of us practice far more often than any LEO. In a lot of states, you're required to train before getting a carry license. That training includes knowledge of self-defense laws and an awareness of when NOT to draw.

Concealed carry citizens are very unlikely to commit crimes.
http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...ted-States.pdf See page 7, if you don't feel like reading the entire article.

And here is an article written by a cop with regard to CCW holders.
Dealing with citizens legally carrying a concealed weapon Just read the first couple paragraphs.

I'm thinking CaptainNJ is one of the last people you need to worry about.
im sure we all remember this incident:

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

im not very familiar with G1's posting history. from this conversation i can tell that his reading comprehension is very poor and he is letting his emotions cloud his judgement. i dont think ive given any reason for any reasonable person to suggest that my state of mind is one that would exclude me from a carry permit.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,836,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Our governor likes to impress the Red Staters with his attack on unions and working people, but at least he hasn't messed with our stringent gun laws to show off to yokels in Alabama. Way to stay focused, governor!
Ha ha ha ha and you know that the thugs will never be armed now don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey