Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Give people diving helmets and make it the shore's first underwater roller coaster
Hey, people dive out at Texas Tower 4 off the Jersey coast, also destroyed in a storm--why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 AM

607 posts, read 958,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
It's not really a BOARD walk if it's made of concrete.
Then do like the have at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It is called the Brickyard, but all the bricks have been removed save for a thin stretch at the finish line in homage.

Build them out of concrete, but include a strip of boards down the middle (or in some other way) to remember the history of the boardwalk

Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,765,279 times
I'll admit it kinda looks neat, maybe keep it for a few months, but anymore and its just gonna look trashy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey, people dive out at Texas Tower 4 off the Jersey coast, also destroyed in a storm--why not?
I'm not a diving expert at all, but diving right off the shore among breakers probably isn't the best idea, especially with loads of rusty metal all around you.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
you are so unhappy.
No I'm just so right.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
No I'm just so right.
you're really not happy. look at your posting history. it speaks volumes.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
you're really not happy. look at your posting history. it speaks volumes.
Once again, I have to agree with Tahiti.
When someone's posts always seem to consist of overwhelmingly negative comments, those posts provide a mirror of that person's personality; and the overall theme translates to being an unhappy person.

It's not that people don't have a right to be unhappy, but...all the same...it is sad to see, especially in a young person.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
It's coming down anyway:
Jersey Shore Roller Coaster To Be Torn Down - Business Insider

It didn't make sense to me not to have the owners deal with it from the get-go. If the mayor wanted it to remain as an attraction then the burden would fall on the city eventually. The lifespan of a structure like that in the ocean is definitely limited. After that, it's just a hazard.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
I'll admit it kinda looks neat, maybe keep it for a few months, but anymore and its just gonna look trashy.

I'm not a diving expert at all, but diving right off the shore among breakers probably isn't the best idea, especially with loads of rusty metal all around you.
That's why we have tetanus shots!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I think it's time to move on. The concept of an old school Jersey boardwalk is cheap amusements, junk food, cheese ball rides, and trashy tourists. Not sure how this adds to the "Jersey Charm" but I think we should look to Socal and Florida which have bravely moved to paved bike paths and concrete piers with restaurants.
i think you have a point. a lot of the boardwalk is trashy. maybe this is an opportunity for an upgrade. though the seasonal nature of the jersey shore probably limits what can be done. i have been to some really great beach areas in florida with great restuarants, beautiful people and high end shopping. but it probably helps that the people are there and able to enjoy it year round. the atlantic city boardwalk is disgusting with crappy little stores and junk restaurants. but the people there year round are pretty crappy also.

before anyone says anything; im a happy person.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM

18 posts, read 40,305 times
The boardwalk may be trashy, but it's classic. A concrete boardwalk sounds boring in my opinion, but if that's your thing okay. Personally, I am not that much of a beach person, but I do like Asbury Park and Wildwood, not so much Atlantic City though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey