Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,535 times

Advertisements

Can anyone offer any opinions and/or first hand experience with the Albion area of Clifton? I know it's not considered to be quite as nice as the Montclair Heights or Allwood areas, but is it a safe place to raise young children? My husband and I are consdiering a house there, and we like the feel of the neighborhood, but we just aren't really familiar with that exact area?
Also: any opinions of public school number 5?
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM

56 posts, read 108,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwithinnj View Post
Can anyone offer any opinions and/or first hand experience with the Albion area of Clifton? I know it's not considered to be quite as nice as the Montclair Heights or Allwood areas, but is it a safe place to raise young children? My husband and I are consdiering a house there, and we like the feel of the neighborhood, but we just aren't really familiar with that exact area?
Also: any opinions of public school number 5?
Thanks in advance!
Hi. I grew up in this area in Clifton and my father still lives there. Its still appears to be holding out rather nicely... I am quite surprised. I think it was a few years ago, but many of the sidewalks in the area have been redone by the city and you can't go wrong with Albion park.. its huge, small playground though. Obviously perfect access to Rt 46, Rt 3, Rt80, Rt23 and many more. Garrett Mountain is very close by. As for School 5? I couldn't tell you how that is anymore as I went there many, many years ago. Its no different from the Allwood section and Montclair Heights surpassed every other section of Clifton. I find nothing wrong with Albion.. houses all range from small ranches to 2 families, etc.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,760 times
Albion is a cozy area nestled between Garett Mountain and Route 19. The homes are smaller than those in Montclair Heights, but it's a nice community with tidy lawns and friendly people. It's a safe place for kids.

You have access to major routes and the GSP too and there are a ton of stores on Route 3.

School No. 5 isn't scored high on some school-ranking websites, so I was little apprehensive about sending my child there when we moved to the area. But he likes it a lot. The teachers seem dedicated and the HASA (home and school association -- the PTA) is always doing stuff for the school. The school offers pre-care and aftercare that I've heard good things about. But the school itself is old (celebrating 100 years) and the classrooms are overcrowded. Pick-ups and drop-offs can be chaotic too because of limited parking in the area.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,535 times
Thanks to both of you! That makes me feel better about the area & more confident to possibly buy a house there.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwithinnj View Post
any opinions of public school number 5?
Clifton, New Jersey Public Schools || School 5 - Welcome!
http://www.trulia.com/schools/NJ-Cli...tary_School_5/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey