Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 AM

614 posts, read 1,376,043 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here post on NJ.com..... ok ok don't answer that but I was wondering for those that do does it seem like a lot of posts are getting deleted? It seems that there aren't as may new posts as there once was, the same issues are going on all over. I posted there nothing offensive but maybe to truthful that the town moderator didn't like it. So much for freedom of Speech!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
NJ.com is part of Advance Network that has numerous forums..NOLA.com is part of it.
They only delete when another poster has complained about a post...the alert us button

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
I've actually had that issue before on there. I shortly stopped posting when I found out the Star Ledger was behind all the reporting there.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:23 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
It's the same as here, when you sign up you have to agree to TOS & in NJ.com's case TOS clearly states they will delete what ever they feel is inappropriate....I'm sure they look but it would be impossible to keep track of all the forums in NJ.com let alone all the other newpaper forums they have so they do rely on other posters complaining

I guess "the owners" of forum have to be careful of posts that could border on libel.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM

173 posts, read 818,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Does anyone here post on NJ.com..... ok ok don't answer that but I was wondering for those that do does it seem like a lot of posts are getting deleted? It seems that there aren't as may new posts as there once was, the same issues are going on all over. I posted there nothing offensive but maybe to truthful that the town moderator didn't like it. So much for freedom of Speech!
A (sadly-IMHO) common misperception about the freedom of speech is that you can say whatever you want, wherever you want. It only applies to government entities -- a private entity, such as a newspaper or a coffee shop, can delete your posts or tell you to zip it without violating your constitutional rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey