Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 01:56 PM

42 posts, read 241,642 times

Advertisements

Hi, my mom wants to take her grand kids to one of these places next summer for a couple weeks and rent a house. She has been to Cape May a few times and loves it. A couple of her friends mentioned Spring Lake and Sea Isle. She has the bread to rent where she wants to. Can anyone compare these places? Which place would you choose for vacations and why? thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 04:41 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,683 times
Well, Spring Lake really doesn't have many rentals anymore. It's a year-round community. So pickins will be quite slim. It's also a bit uptight as far as I'm concerned - although there's plenty of fun nearby in Pt. Pleasant, Manasquan and Belmar.

Cape May is what it is. Sea Isle is a fun town, lots to do. Of the three, I'd say the one most conducive to a rental with children is Sea Isle. Also check out the towns on Long Beach Island.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:08 PM

42 posts, read 241,642 times
ok thanks a lot. I guess Sea isle city is 25 mins from cape may maybe she should check that out. Would you say Cape May is more upper scale? thanks

Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM

111 posts, read 416,574 times
I'm no expert on sea isle, but I know Cape may and spring lake very well. Spring lake is a beautiful town with great beaches, but not much in the way of activities for little kids. It has a little main street area and a long boardwalk, but there's nothing on the boardwalk besides a little snack bar area. It has a few bed and breakfasts, but no motels. If you're looking for a relaxing and picturesque town with nice beaches, spring lake is perfect. I'd say Cape May has a little more activity and things to do for the kids than SL.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus03 View Post
ok thanks a lot. I guess Sea isle city is 25 mins from cape may maybe she should check that out. Would you say Cape May is more upper scale? thanks
Well, in real estate terms, they're about on the same level IMO. Cape May is more historical and traditional (one could say touristy) while Sea Isle is more of a typical "beach town" with attractions and families. Sea Isle is, indeed, about 25 minutes from Cape May and also just a town away from Ocean City, which is a great place for kids. So in that sense, you could get the best of both worlds only a few minutes in either direction.

The upscale communities in Cape May County are really Stone Harbor and Avalon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey