Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM

20 posts, read 165,960 times

Advertisements

looking at towns around barnegat bay for a summer house - want good access to the water for boating. anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 03:25 PM

94 posts, read 333,602 times
I have to plug my own town, Little Egg Harbor, I am specifically in an area called osborn Island loads of water access. My home isnt waterfront but near many spots to put the boat in the water and walk to the bay. If you cant tell I am also selling my home. If you want any info let me know i will email you the listing. Sorry had to mention it
Either way there are lots of spots in this area, are you looking waterfront, or jsut close to the water? Me & my husband alwasy said this town is the best for boaters, we just dont have a boat LOL.
Best of luck.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,774 times
I live in Toms River on the lagoon with quick access to the bay. I really like it here and for many of my neighbors this is their second home. We look out for you bennies though...take in your garbage cans etc. I'm in the Shelter Cove section.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,100 times
I'm also in Toms River. I live in Windsor Park right on Goose Creek. Which is very close to hrjersey in Sheltor Cove. I'm right out on the open water. The good parts about being on the open water are we have a great view, we can look out the window and see sailboats sailing by. Sunrise and sunsets are beautiful sight. You can (if you can get a permit) put a dock out and fish and crab off it. The bad parts are the jet-ski's are loud when theres a lot of them out there, usually weekends and Holidays. We also need a boat lift because of boats going by and also being on the open water it can get rough. It can also get very windy during storms.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM

78 posts, read 407,645 times
My husband and I live in Waretown on the water in a lagoon community called Pebble Beach. We're about 3 lagoons from the Barnegat Bay. It's great for boating, and we're close to LBI for the beach. We live here fulltime now, but this was our summer home first for about 5 years. We're thinking of moving now because we'd like to have more land and be in a more rural area. Just want a change of scenery now. But we've always loved it here. If you have any questions about this area, let me know.

Marge

Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,683,201 times
you can try beach haven west - just west of LBI off Rt. 72. Exit 63 of the Pkwy.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 AM

67 posts, read 247,691 times
Barnegat is a great place to live. The people in Pebble beach pay a little higher taxes than in settlers because they are on the water side. Settlers is a newer dev. than pebble beach. there are no schools on that side of 9. there use to be but the town uses the Edwards building now. The settlers has two new dev going up for a good [price Ryan Home great builders.
There is another dev that about 4-5 years old too off of Georgetown.
Alot of green heads on that side of town . the town is trying to control them but there is a lot of wet lands. your better off on the west side of 9. Good luck in choosing.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 AM

685 posts, read 112,378 times
Lanoka Harbor area...
Ocean Beach Marine Centers (http://www.oceanbeachmarina.com/lanoka.htm - broken link)

Also, Sunrise Beach in Forked river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey