Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its in the South Ward near 78 , But the Arabs ive spoken to say Ras doesn't like them moving into his ward and he doesn't listen to their calls for crime reducing tactics..or improvement ideas. Arabs/Indians are not as dumb as the say (I hate to say this) but African Americans who have lived there since the 60s/70s.. Arabs/Indians immigrant from places that have high corruption so they tend to either stay and fight which is most of the time or move out , the ones that have moved into the South Ward don't appear to be moving. Same with the Elizabeth Arab and Indian communities. Theres also a growing White and Hispanic population in the North and East Wards and they will not tolerate corruption , they also tend to vote in the elections. Newark is starting to Gentrify in Downtown , North and East in certain areas , Ras does not like that....most people in the Ironbound welcome it along with most Newarkers in General.... So if he ran with a less racial tolerant platform he wouldn't get elected or a high % of the vote.
Yeah, I figured it may be due to his less than tolerant view on race relations, but didn't know he his reputation concerning crime. Like he gives a crap about the AA community anyway. He's always been loud, regurgitation the complaints of the people, but never actually offering solutions. He loves to incite the crowd, and often succeeds in that respect. Unfortunately, he may have the AA vote, and that is a large vote, assuming they all vote.
I've heard AA in Newark say they didn't like Booker because he didn't know what living in the "hood" was about, and even because he was "too light". Some really don't approve his support of the gay & lesbian community, and one chick actually told me he was gay. When I asked her how she knew that, she said, "my friend works in city hall, plus, he ain't got no wife". You have no husband, so.....? As if any of that has to do with his ability to lead. I think Booker did a great job considering the mess Newark was in. Unfortunately, if the AA community still hold the view that only a dark man from the hood can effectively lead Newark, Ramos may have a tough run. Thanks for the response!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Watch this election closely...it proves the electorate is without discretion.

Newark will again get a figure head to reign as required by law.

The 100 million $$ donated to Newark edu will disappear as does Newark's chance for recovery.

The charge against hiring managers is that there is a natural tendency to hire someone who is 'like me' or is an 'alter ego' . Thus diversity was born. the concern that the hiring criteria was biased and ignored qualifications.

That charge is valid when considering Newark's elections.

Don't rock the boat, you have to work within the system, all things come to those who wait. Newark is waiting and waiting, democartic control since the 40s except for one independant.

Too bad.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Watch this election closely...it proves the electorate is without discretion.

Newark will again get a figure head to reign as required by law.

The 100 million $$ donated to Newark edu will disappear as does Newark's chance for recovery.

The charge against hiring managers is that there is a natural tendency to hire someone who is 'like me' or is an 'alter ego' . Thus diversity was born. the concern that the hiring criteria was biased and ignored qualifications.

That charge is valid when considering Newark's elections.

Don't rock the boat, you have to work within the system, all things come to those who wait. Newark is waiting and waiting, democartic control since the 40s except for one independant.

Too bad.
Let's keep in mind that the democrats prior to 1964, are not exactly the same democrats we see today. There was a huge party shift after the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Sharpe Jams is banned from politics for life...
Like that's going to stop his influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey