Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:52 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone play or just happen to know of any courts in the area? Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM

161 posts, read 767,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Hi! Does anyone play or just happen to know of any courts in the area? Thank you!!!
Thats really funny actually. I was looking last week for a racquetball court in the area last week and came up empty.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
that's a NYC thing, there used to be one in rumson, more of a wall than a court but it was taken down. you may have to go to SI to find one

Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Aww, that's disappointing. I thought being rude and pushy was a NY thing, now racquetball too?!?!

LevitNYC - there are nice courts at the College of Staten Island. I was hoping for something close by (and without a toll).

Old 05-29-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Aww, that's disappointing. I thought being rude and pushy was a NY thing, now racquetball too?!?!

LevitNYC - there are nice courts at the College of Staten Island. I was hoping for something close by (and without a toll).
rude and pushy qualifies, I always remember reading on a site like this, a woman complaing that howell wasn't anything at all like brooklyn, she missed walking to the stores around the corner, buses on most streets and other brooklyn type stuff, didn't she look around and notice that she wasn't moving to an urban area?
some people!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM

I am moving in from NY, but I will never understand that attitude. Why leave a place if you expect it to be just like where you left? If I wanted to live someplace just like Brooklyn I'd stay in Brooklyn. I did make sure I am in an area where I can still walk to a few places though! My real estate agent said "I know you people love to walk everywhere, but you'll stop when you move here". I plan to prove him wrong though and walk my new, lovely streets.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I am moving in from NY, but I will never understand that attitude. Why leave a place if you expect it to be just like where you left? If I wanted to live someplace just like Brooklyn I'd stay in Brooklyn. I did make sure I am in an area where I can still walk to a few places though! My real estate agent said "I know you people love to walk everywhere, but you'll stop when you move here". I plan to prove him wrong though and walk my new, lovely streets.
you may be the only one, there are a few places to walk around like red bank, maybe downtown keyport or matawan (yuch) or AH, especially the harbor. the suburban developments aren't really too interesting to walk around

Old 05-29-2008, 04:50 PM

I just walk for enjoyment now. I work in Brooklyn so I dont suffer from Brooklyn withdrawal.

You just can't buy a house like I have in Brooklyn. I chose hazlet because of its proximity to Brooklyn and that I dont have to drive far at all to get anywhere. I live right off of 35

Within 3 mins of driving from my house there is

DMV
post office
stop n shop
a&p
home depot
lowes
Dunkin donuts
bestbuy
hoolihans
tgifs
chilis
carabba's
KFC
mcds
bk
Bowling
3 gyms
starbucks
red oak diner
2 staples
gamestop
7-11
kohls
a farmers market
hazlet train station
a steak house
Linens and things
gnc

The only thing I miss about Brooklyn is the independent food places

But like I said I work in Brooklyn so I still frequent them.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:52 PM

Oh yeah, you'll walk for enjoyment but not to get anywhere.

Its very tough to cross 35 and 36

Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
I've been looking into racquetball. For the most part, as good of a game as it seems to be (great workout, very simple rules, 1 to 4 people can play), it seems hard to find courts you can use without spending an arm and a leg.

Did find out from a guy (thank goodness for old locals) that there are courts at the New York Sports Club in Matawan, at the intersection of rt-34 and Disbrow rd. Called them up, said non-members can reserve a court for a day for $30 for a whole day. Members can use free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey