Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM

13 posts, read 57,908 times

Advertisements

Hey OP, rumor has been (for years) TJ's is coming to downtown JC... Fingers crossed until then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM

587 posts, read 2,179,243 times
Cabelas would be nice

Old 03-18-2013, 08:00 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,702,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Since "Princeton" is now unofficially one of the largest towns in NJ (saying that you are located in Princeton has quite a bit of cachet, apparently, even if you aren't really located in Princeton), you should bear in mind that the Whole Foods "Princeton" store is actually located in West Windsor, on Route 1, just south of Meadow Road:

Located on US Route 1 Southbound in the Windsor Green Shopping Center

GPS address: 3495 Brunswick Pike South, West Windsor, NJ

I'll meet you at the salad bar on Sunday!
Omg u are so right. I had family living in Montgomery with a Princeton address and they glommed onto that for dear life. They moved in town and now have a skillman addy, but where do they say they live? Princeton. Cracks me up.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,223,538 times
Wegmans is supposedly coming to Whippany. Long way to go (from West Orange) for groceries, but closer than Woodbridge.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,456,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Wegmans is supposedly coming to Whippany. Long way to go (from West Orange) for groceries, but closer than Woodbridge.

Wegmans has a lease signed for a store just off rte 10 and Ridgedale Ave. (in Hanover Twp, right on the Cedar Knolls border) it is just off the rte 10 and 287 interchange. I can hardly wait, as currently I have to drive to Bridgewater to go to a Wegmans, and this one will be closer to home, and on my way to several places I visit regularly.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...nover-Township

FAQs Detail | Wegmans - About Wegmans

KoalaNJ

Old 03-19-2013, 06:36 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
The Princeton/West Windsor area has a Whole Foods AND a Wegmans. And a Trader Joes.

Yup! You have described my typical Sunday itinerary.

1) Stop at Whole Foods for lunch. The salad bar is really amazing! Then, a cup of Allegro coffee from their coffee bar. Perhaps I might buy one or two items after eating lunch.

2) Continue southward for a mile or so, to Wegman's--my main destination. Many of the items that I buy here are cheaper than they are at Shop-Rite. And, they have several reasonably-priced wines that I enjoy.

3) Use the cloverleaf just south of Wegman's to get back on Rt. 1 North, go a little over a mile, and stop at Trader Joe's, which is located almost directly opposite Whole Foods. Yes, TJ's also carries reasonably-priced wine, but the ones that I like are sold at Wegmans.

Although the Bridgewater Wegmans location is actually closer to my house than the one in West Windsor, by making the Wegmans in West Windsor my destination, I am able to include those two other stores in one trip. Needless to say, I bring a cooler chest in order to keep everything at the proper temperature until I return home.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM

861 posts, read 2,719,074 times
I'd love to see a Christmas Tree Shoppe go into the old PathMark on Route 1 in North Brunswick that's been sitting empty for 2 years. Actually, at this point, I'd like to see ANYTHING go in there.
(FTR: They don't actually sell Christmas Trees.... http://www.christmastreeshops.com/ )

Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM

800 posts, read 1,298,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Screw Wegmans. My wife and I went there several months ago to check it out. She was standing in line behind me during checkout and the cashier refused to sell me a bottle of wine because my wife did not have her ID on her, citing "store policy." Are you kidding me? So if I had my 10 year old kid with me they wouldn't sell me wine? What if I had my wife wait in the car; do they put people's family members in a database and look them up? "Sorry buddy, says here you have a wife. You'll need to go home and get her so I can see her ID before selling this to you." What if she left the store five minutes before I checked out, then can I buy my wine? What sense does that make? What if there was a random teenage in line behind me? If I talk to him/her, do I not get to buy wine? Ridiculous. I'll never step foot in a Nazi "show me your papers" Wegmans again. Between Shoprite and Wholefoods you can get just about anything you can get a Wegmans and usually for cheaper.

LOL, i've ran into a problem before with that stupid policy, my wife usually doesnt take anything with her when we go out together and i wanted to buy some beer and was refused because she didnt have ID. We are both 30. dumb policy for all the reason you stated already.

that said, i still like wegmens

Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Never heard of them..where in North Jersey?
I have only recently heard them advertised on the radio, and for a location in the city. I was confused, because I was thinking of the supermarket by the train station in Long Branch, which certainly doesn't seem to be the upscale place the ads are trying to promote.

Turns out the one in Long Branch is FineFair.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I visit Wegmans once each week, in addition to a couple of quick pick-up visits to Shop-Rite.
However, no one store carries everything that I might want or need, hence the desire to go to a different store like Fairway once in a while.

For instance, Fairway has many more varieties of smoked salmon than Wegmans does, and Fairway's olive bar selection is second to none. The selection of premium imported olive oils and vinegars at Fairway puts the selection at Wegmans (or any other market) to shame. Fairway's roasted-on-premises coffee varieties are also incredible in their scope.

LOL, I would never buy either of those items, so I'm OK with Wegman's.

I have a Trader Joe's a hop, skip, and jump away from my house, but it's small and doesn't carry all the things a Wegman's or Whole Foods does. And curiously, their produce sucks. I mean, I bought Yukon Gold potatoes there last week and ended up cutting big brown spots out of all of them. I've gotten apples that tasted as if they had been allowed to freeze at some point, and I bought oranges there last year that were about as tasty as the webbed bag in which they were encased. Fortunately, Delicious Orchards is a ten-minute ride away, but I'm kind of disappointed that TJ's produce is so bad. They do have the best pineapple juice in the world, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey