Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
If you are an investor Mantoloking is where you should be mantalooking! Yes it was devastated by Sandy but there are incredible values to be had in an area that a year or 2 from now will have very few remaining signs of the catastrophe and those with the cash to buy have the potential to recognize big gains in value.
That is.....unless another Hurricane hits before then.

Once bitten.....twice shy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
That is.....unless another Hurricane hits before then.

Once bitten.....twice shy
People have very short memories.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
People have very short memories.
buy, buy, buy, before it's too late.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM

506 posts, read 2,280,259 times
ok contracts are out......I hope your right

Old 07-04-2013, 08:03 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,682,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester View Post
ok contracts are out......I hope your right
Good Luck!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:13 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
If you are an investor Mantoloking is where you should be mantalooking! Yes it was devastated by Sandy but there are incredible values to be had in an area that a year or 2 from now will have very few remaining signs of the catastrophe and those with the cash to buy have the potential to recognize big gains in value.

So how is that going to work if the interest rates double and insurance is unobtainable?

Many people will not want the headaches of a 2nd home nor will they be able to afford it like in the past.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester View Post
We are thinking of buying a Summer home in S Mantoloking, just wondering what your thoughts are...Buying a 1400 sq. ft house on 6250sq. ft lot 3 bd 2 bath across the street from beach in Private community and beach... Price 725K taxes 12,000 what do you think of area should i look else where any input to the area or surrounding area would be appreciated...Cheers
If I were you I'd make sure the home is still there… make sure it's an updated listing. A lot of real estate websites haven't touched old listings of homes that are now sitting in the bay or wishing up in pieces on shore. Maybe by now they have, but a few month after the storm out of curiosity I looked at some real estate websites for shore homes and discovered many of the homes listed were ruined.

If you can get a good deal on a home, destroyed or not, I say go for it. People are going to be selling, and selling for pretty cheap after Sandy IMO. Just be aware that you will probably have to elevate it or adhere to new flooding regulations, depending on location, which may cost you. Dealing with FEMA, insurance, etc after a catastrophe like Sandy seems to be a pain in the you know what. But now is a good time to buy, to me, if it's the right home and location.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Default South Mantoloking

Well I close Friday will let you know how everything is going w the area and the work that needs to be done. I feel i got a good price, but I got exactly were i want to be. I think after the summer prices will drop another 10 to even 20%...If you are thinking about owning a summer house at the shore now is the time...in 5 years you wont be able to touch the shore because so many small beach houses got destroyed and now they are all brand new , so those beginner homes will be very limited...just my thoughts,,,

Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 AM

453 posts, read 1,742,369 times
Good luck with the new home. I'm somewhat curious how you made out obtaining property and flood insurance, particularly the property part. I haven't spoken to anyone buying down there recently, and I'm just wondering whether you had any difficultly with carrier, limits, deductible, etc.

Rhys

Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM

I actually bought directly across the street from a private beech and they changed my zoning to "X" so i believe it or not am not required to have flood insurance..{ but of course i will be getting it} and home owners i will be using a local broker down their who i meet and he hass been great..I WILL BE USING CHUBB insurance....the only way to go ...they are hands down the best...pm me if you want his number...he is actually the owner of a Real estate company, and i would highly recommend using his company....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: