Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,912,740 times

Advertisements

Looks like a scam.

Collect Your Unemployment Benefits Each Week

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development is encouraging all of our unemployment insurance customers to claim their benefits each week by using our Internet application at www.NJUIFILE.net.

That's correct! Instead of claiming your benefits every two weeks, you may now claim them each week and receive a benefit payment each week.

You also will receive your benefits sooner if you file your claim each Sunday over the Internet. If you normally file for benefits over the phone, you may file over the Internet by going to www.NJUIFILE.net and use the same PIN number you have been using when calling us.

No other information is required. Just go to www.NJUIFILE.net, click on "Claim Your Weekly Benefits," and follow the instructions provided to complete your weekly certification.

Important Note for EUC Recipients

Starting with the week that ends on October 5, 2013, Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) recipients are strongly encouraged to use the weekly Internet certification system to avoid possible delays in the payment of benefits affected by Federal Sequestration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM

Maybe not a scam, but when does it start?

https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html

Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Maybe not a scam, but when does it start?

https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html
Not a scam - you can collect weekly starting a few weeks ago.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
Not a scam - you can collect weekly starting a few weeks ago.
Thanks. Just notified today via e-mail.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 PM

20 posts, read 49,202 times
So..do you have to file weekly or can u still do it bi-weekly?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicsigma View Post
I strongly assume you can still file bi-weekly, although that is not explicitly stated in the e-mail. The NJ Unemployment website looks like it was created in 1997---every time I claim benefits I question the legitimacy of the site.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:29 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicsigma View Post
you can still do bi-weekly

Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 26,790 times
Haven't most people been claiming weekly? This is my first time on this forum so excuse me if I am in the wrong section but I have been claiming weekly after they cut my unemployment 22%. I have been trying to find a job since January and I am someone who has an excellent resume and the high salary to prove it. So why am I now getting told to claim weekly on Sunday on their website and the website is DOWN again!!! I have been evicted from my apartment and lost much of my sanity and life due to cuts and the non functional website the holds my lively hood. Lost hope and could use support!!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennski33 View Post
Haven't most people been claiming weekly? This is my first time on this forum so excuse me if I am in the wrong section but I have been claiming weekly after they cut my unemployment 22%. I have been trying to find a job since January and I am someone who has an excellent resume and the high salary to prove it. So why am I now getting told to claim weekly on Sunday on their website and the website is DOWN again!!! I have been evicted from my apartment and lost much of my sanity and life due to cuts and the non functional website the holds my lively hood. Lost hope and could use support!!
I don't know when weekly benefits filing started. All my paperwork says bi-Weekly. Even the form says bi-weekly. I just filed my weekly claim for the first time--I used to do it bi-weekly.

File now, the website is working--it's up from 8AM until 3 PM.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 26,790 times
I was told it was acceptable to apply weekly but how could someone live off of bi-weekly benefits that were cut? Mine were cut by the federal government in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey