Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:26 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
I thought being illegal was considered a crime. I don't agree with that. I mean, most illegal immigrants are Indigenous! It's like calling Asians in China illegal after stealing their land. It doesn't make sense to me. Some people might say they're indigenous to Mexico or wherever...but who really created the borders? I don't think it was the Natives. They had other ideas about ownership of land...like you can't own it...it's for everyone. Some people might say that they have Spanish or European blood. That's true, but Europeans don't absorb people with Indigenous blood as white Europeans like them. Not at all. It makes sense that illegals from Central and South America aren't really illegal. They have the blood of the Americas. They are actually 'displaced'.
Being an illegal immigrant is not a crime. I can understand how you might think that. The language isn't straight forward to immigrants.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:33 PM

221 posts, read 379,760 times
Yeah, it doesn't sound straight forward. I would say these people are more legal than anyone! It is ridiculous to me that there is even an issue against Amerindian descendants living in different parts of the Americas. "Displaced Amerindian descendants"...new title for Central and South American immigrants.

If you are Native to a land and it becomes occupied and controlled by foreigners...there really is nowhere for you to go. You are now a stranger in your own land. If you go to Europe, you are a foreigner. Just wait until the European countries are overrun by immigrants. The remaining descendants will call themselves the displaced or try to move to the countries of the immigrants only to be seen as foreigners.

Last edited by FlowerpotFlowers; 12-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: too weird I am

Old 12-23-2013, 10:10 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Quote:
I thought being illegal was considered a crime. I don't agree with that. I mean, most illegal immigrants are Indigenous! It's like calling Asians in China illegal after stealing their land. It doesn't make sense to me. Some people might say they're indigenous to Mexico or wherever...but who really created the borders? I don't think it was the Natives. They had other ideas about ownership of land...like you can't own it...it's for everyone. Some people might say that they have Spanish or European blood. That's true, but Europeans don't absorb people with Indigenous blood as white Europeans like them. Not at all. It makes sense that illegals from Central and South America aren't really illegal. They have the blood of the Americas. They are actually 'displaced'.
Entering the United States without proper permission (illegally) is civil administrative matter, but not a crime. This is why illegals caught/detained or whatever are not automatically granted the right to legal counsel and or "criminal trial". Immigration judges are administrative IIRC, and most if not all the penalties for illegal immigration are civil (deportation, not being allowed to re-enter, etc...).

All this is how Obama was able to issue "orders" to AG Holder and the Napolitano woman to use "discretion" as to whom was deported and so forth, on top of what each had already directed their respective departments/agencies to do anyway.

Visa overstays are not technically "illegal" since they at one entered the USA legally (via a visa), and their remaining after said visa has expired is a civil matter, not criminal. This is how Obama was able to suspend the deportation of the gay man from Brazil in Princeton that overstayed his visa but since married an American male and started a business.

The rationale behind all this is that to make entering the USA without valid documents and or over staying a visa a criminal offense would overwhelm an already over burdened federal justice system.

Even if only a low level offense every person charged under such a scheme would have in theory the right to a trial and legal counsel. If they could not afford the latter then the state would have to provide. If convicted where would you put them all? Federal prison system is already vast and expensive.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,995,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Being an illegal immigrant is not a crime. I can understand how you might think that. The language isn't straight forward to immigrants.
Since when was breaking the law not considered a crime?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Since when was breaking the law not considered a crime?
As I said in my previous post, I can understand why you foreigners might think that being an illegal alien is a crime. I wish foreigners would learn about the laws in which they reside so this wouldn't have to be explained to them. Being an illegal immigrant is a civil matter. It is not a criminal matter. An illegal immigrant cannot be jailed just for being an illegal immigrant.

Welcome to the US, but please learn our laws.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,995,483 times
Quote:
Going by that logic than Arabs should give up power in North African countries because they displaced the Berbers, Tuareg, and other indigenous tribes. Why just stop with North and South America.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 12-23-2013 at 10:32 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 PM

If it is a mere civil administrative matter worthy of penalties...why offer "illegals" in-state tuition? It sounds like a woman calling a man a horrible pig, pretending to spurn his advances, but then leaving him her house key. If 'illegals' are really 'unwanted'...why offer them so much? It is because, deep down, they are 'wanted'. It is all a front.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:29 PM

NJ Best, I'm not a foreigner! The reason I don't know about immigration issues/laws is because I'm not an immigrant! Use some common sense.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:31 PM

Philly, I don't understand your analogy. I know little about Arabs and North African countries. Enlighten me.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
NJ Best, I'm not a foreigner! The reason I don't know about immigration issues/laws is because I'm not an immigrant! Use some common sense.
My apologies, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt...

I couldn't imagine that someone could have possibly gone to school here and not know the difference between civil and criminal laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey