Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 PM

38 posts, read 152,658 times

Advertisements

hi all,

There is a new construction of townhomes just behind the regal cinemas on route 1 north brunswick. I would like to know if this is a good city and good area with good schools and all. Also would it be too noisy and how is the crime rate, schools etc

Please let me know... I am thinking of considering this place....

Thank you in advance...

Sogg

Last edited by rookie_buyer; 05-05-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie_buyer View Post
hi all,

There is a new construction of townhomes just behind the regal cinemas on route 1 north brunswick. I would like to know if this is a good city and good area with good schools and all. Also would it be too noisy and how is the crime rate, schools etc

Please let me know... I am thinking of considering this place....

Thank you in advance...

Sogg
It used to be, but with the new construction of townhomes just behind the regal cinema, I'm having my doubts.

I guess this is going to be a good area if they ever complete building of the transit village across route 1, but to me, I always loved that little stretch of road behind the cinema. But with THAT new construction, it looks like this area is going to become the new "Queens" of New Jersey.

Glad I am planning to leave.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:20 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,121 times
390K for a 3b/2.5ba townhouse with builder grade finishes, and no parking, rediculous. Funny thing was, grand opening was last week and half of the opened units had sold already lol

Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
390K for a 3b/2.5ba townhouse with builder grade finishes, and no parking, rediculous. Funny thing was, grand opening was last week and half of the opened units had sold already lol
It's 355k... If I go ahead and take it, what do you guys think of this as an investment 5 years from now?? I can also rent it as it near to commercial
Places right???

Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 AM

please give me your suggestions....

Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
I can't comment specifically on those townhouses since that is news to me (haven't gone back there in awhile).

Besides that the town overall is safe and suburban (have lived here for the past two years - no problems at all). The schools are good and, judging by the recent elections, can only improve. We have a Little Caesars and a great steakhouse called Arthur's. Plus you have easy access to Rt 1 and other major highways through the area as well.

Where will you be working?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM

currently i am working in south brunswick but might look for oppurtunities in NYC for me and my wife... I am thinking of taking this up as first home and then rent/sell after 5 years to get a better place... please let meknow what you think about this idea...

Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
Quote:
currently i am working in south brunswick but might look for oppurtunities in NYC for me and my wife... I am thinking of taking this up as first home and then rent/sell after 5 years to get a better place... please let meknow what you think about this idea...
I am not a fan of buying starter homes to be honest, especially in this economy. I would just rent first and then in five years buy something permanent. For investment purposes this area is as good as it gets since we are right next to New Brunswick, where you can buy properties to rent out to Rutgers students. That is what I would (plan to) do.

My girlfriend and I have lived here for two years, we are renting and have no plans to buy until we are at least married and have children. We really like the community and think it is a great place to raise a family, and such a mix of people too in all aspects. But my motto has always been this: you rent for the present, you buy for the future. If we stay in this area, this town would be my top choice to eventually buy in, but that is a ways off for us.

It isn't the worst commute to NYC, depending on where. I would take Rt 1 north, get off at Woodbridge Ave (CR 514) in Edison, head east and then get either the turnpike or 440 depending on where in NYC you will be going.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,948 times
Quote:
finding renter might not be that easy as there are tons of rental apartments in 2-3 mile radius. also, governor's pointe is right across the road and always has tens of condos/townhouses available for rent. if you are looking for a starter, why not just buy something cheaper? you can easily find a 2br condo for around 200k in governor's pointe. or spend $375 and buy a single family house in franklin township (off south middlebush road).

as far as appreciation in 5 years, that's hard to predict given the economy.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
You could probably find a starter home (cape style) in the Berdines Corners section of North Brunswick for the same amount of money. No HOA, you own the land, and those homes for the most part are built rock solid. Just be sure the wiring/HVAC/plumbing has been upgraded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey