Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,551 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I know this is rather off topic but I wanted to ask a dating question...

So I have a first date tomorrow with a girl I met about a month ago. I have little dating experience (and I'm 21, unfortunately). We have been casual acquaintances since then, but I finally got the courage to ask her out. She's a really amazing person and I really want to impress her. Would it be wrong if I went to her best friend to ask her what kinds of things I can do to make a good impression? Also, is getting flowers for a first date considered cute/thoughtful, or is it just cheesy and stupid?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 10:35 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,056,379 times
Forget the friend, just be yourself. If you believe she is a truly amazing person, that will come across by your attitude and your honesty. Good luck. I think it's going to go well.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:41 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,175,980 times
Don't ask the friend. If she finds out that may not look good for you. Flowers are a bit old fashioned I think. Just be yourself. If you try and put on an act it is only going to come out later on.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 PM

7,057 posts, read 19,328,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brango View Post
Hi,

So I have a first date tomorrow with a girl I met about a month ago. I have little dating experience (and I'm 21, unfortunately). We have been casual acquaintances since then, but I finally got the courage to ask her out. She's a really amazing person and I really want to impress her. Would it be wrong if I went to her best friend to ask her what kinds of things I can do to make a good impression? Also, is getting flowers for a first date considered cute/thoughtful, or is it just cheesy and stupid?

The fact that you've known her for a month already is great. She knows at least a little about you already and still likes you enough to go for the date.

I wouldn't worry about trying too hard to impress her. As Marc said, just be yourself. A first date is as much a chance for her to get to know you, as it is for you to get to know her. And I'm sure she wants to get to know you for who you really are, not something you're pretending to be. I would also skip the flowers (unless you know she would really appreciate them). It's a bit old fashioned and may come off as if you're "trying too hard." Just have fun on the date, make sure she enjoys herself too, and hope that both of you will want a second date later.

If you search the relationships forum, http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/ , you might find some more advice on the topic.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,082,029 times
Make sure you take her to Rutt's Hut. It always makes a big impression.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:12 AM

989 posts, read 1,878,797 times
Follow this 5 point plan, and you'll be just fine.

Mike Damone's Five-Point Plan - YouTube

Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,472,613 times
In Led Zeppelin's defense, they did have a couple of descent make out songs.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,027,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
In Led Zeppelin's defense, they did have a couple of descent make out songs.
I wonder how many people know that is actually "Kashmir" off "Physical Graffiti" and NOT side one of IV (which I always referred to as "Zoso"!)

Old 01-05-2014, 10:42 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,082,029 times
I'd definitely go with Journey over Led Zep for romantic songs.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:27 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,014,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brango View Post
Hi,

Bro, you gotta be like a Big bear with big effin fangs!! Just watch the movie Swingers before you go out, and you'll be all good.

You're Like a Big Bear - Swingers (6/12) Movie CLIP (1996) HD - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey