Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:44 PM

11,342 posts, read 16,697,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
If you were in traffic for hours or your mom couldn't get to the hospital due to man-made tieups, you'd still think it was a funny prank, right. Lots of people view it as an abuse of power. Then when the PA nut was cracked open, we got to see the workings of a crooked agency led by a fake "general"
..and what's your thinking of the man made back ups each day on the GWB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:29 AM

88,548 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Do you mean Samson, or CC?

In defense of CC...If he was "gifted" with funds from the PA, why would he not use those monies?
On the other hand, there is the question of whether Samson was legally able to divert PA funds in that manner.

I guess that the only cliffhanger in this convoluted case is...Which characters are going to sing in order to gain immunity, and which ones are going to prison?

Yes, I am talking about Christie and the SEC investigation. Samson, too, but isn't the object of this whole game to nail Christie? Samson's old and sick. The idea is that under enough pressure he will turn on Christie so as not to die in jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Wait. I thought he "re-used" the money slated for the Hudson tunnel (still very much needed btw) and used it for the state transportation fund?
Yeah, but it's not QUITE supposed to work that way, is it. It's a pretty big stretch to claim that the Pulaski or some of the state roads for which Christie is using the former tunnel money are "access to Port Authority facilities". I live in Monmouth County near Route 35. If I take Route 35 North, eventually I can get to the Outerbridge Crossing. Does that mean that Route 35 is now an access route to a PA facility?

Anyway, the POINT was that, if your goal is to destroy Christie's political career/presidential aspirations, what do you have a better chance of proving as a wrongdoing that will be seen as serious and help you attain your goal? An SEC violation or having staff illegally close lanes on a bridge?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:12 AM

11,342 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I am talking about Christie and the SEC investigation. Samson, too, but isn't the object of this whole game to nail Christie? Samson's old and sick. The idea is that under enough pressure he will turn on Christie so as not to die in jail.

Yeah, but it's not QUITE supposed to work that way, is it. It's a pretty big stretch to claim that the Pulaski or some of the state roads for which Christie is using the former tunnel money are "access to Port Authority facilities". I live in Monmouth County near Route 35. If I take Route 35 North, eventually I can get to the Outerbridge Crossing. Does that mean that Route 35 is now an access route to a PA facility?

Anyway, the POINT was that, if your goal is to destroy Christie's political career/presidential aspirations, what do you have a better chance of proving as a wrongdoing that will be seen as serious and help you attain your goal? An SEC violation or having staff illegally close lanes on a bridge?
Some people here are just angry...plain and simple.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,583,343 times
The P U Laski is not any big stretch from the. Holland Hole in the wall. About 75 or 80 % of the traffic is directly headed there.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Default More insightful analysis...

...from Paul Mulshine, The Star-Ledger's Conservative/Libertarian Op-Ed columnist:

Are Chris Christie and his cronies cornered on Bridgegate? Mulshine | NJ.com

As I get older, I find myself agreeing with Mulshine more and more often.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:55 PM

88,548 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
The P U Laski is not any big stretch from the. Holland Hole in the wall. About 75 or 80 % of the traffic is directly headed there.
I don't think the people purchasing PA bonds are quite feeling that.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:50 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,206,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think the people purchasing PA bonds are quite feeling that.
They're upset that PA money is being spent on the wrong road, instead of being burned on non-transportation boondoggles and inflated patronage salaries?

Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,021 times
The amount spend on patronage is an outrage but it is small in comparison to the amount of money misdirected into the Skyway repairs.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:29 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...from Paul Mulshine, The Star-Ledger's Conservative/Libertarian Op-Ed columnist:

Are Chris Christie and his cronies cornered on Bridgegate? Mulshine | NJ.com

As I get older, I find myself agreeing with Mulshine more and more often.

The author loses credibility when he brings up this logic,

“Federal charges in the bridge closures potentially include both intentional interference in interstate commerce and -- in the cover-up that ensued -- obstruction of justice.”
As I’ve written, Christie has been rather cleverly carving out a position to the effect that if he didn’t know about the lane closures in advance, then he’s off the hook.
That may work with the media. But the U.S. Attorney is not bound by it. If Fishman finds an underlying federal crime of the sort mentioned in the article, then he can proceed to go after anyone conspiring to cover up that crime."

The excuse he denies CC, is, and has been currently used by democratic heroes Obama, Holder and their cronies multiple times. "Read in the news" has been the secret password that works so well for their supporters.

Not only the media gives them a break, we also see the anemic DOJ look the other way and allow a class divide between the politically favored and the opposition.

That statement by the author points out the inequity of politics intertwined with legislators and law.

Read that article and see the convoluted and unintended application of laws by the gunslinger US attorney with notches in his belt from taking down other governors and high profile pols. then think how the law can be molded by a politically motivated prosecutor to make the mildest violation seem a crime against humanity..'Hobbs act' as used holds the same gravitas as the 'Rico act' when used skillfully as in this article. As if he lifted a sentence from Al Capone's trial report and substituted another law. Same Joe Friday, no nonsense, non debatable phrase implying inescapable guilt.

The 2016 election will mark the end to the dual investigations by the state and feds. Talk about duplicity and wasted taxpayer money.

How is the menendez investigation coming along...yep still ongoing.

CC will easily beat Elizabeth Warren in 2016.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:30 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
..and what's your thinking of the man made back ups each day on the GWB?
Nothing. I don't take the GWB.

But if I had a relatively easy entry from the Ft. Lee lanes each day and some f#cktard in the Governor's office decided to wait until the 1st week of school to pull a fake "traffic study", I'd want their balls on a stick. I'm not kidding. Messing with your constituents on purpose is about the lowest level one can sink to. Says a lot about the Christie culture down there in Trenton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey