Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 6,456 times

Advertisements

My move from the west coast to NJ is approaching rather quickly and I am not sure what apartments to go for! Any suggestions? safe and nicely kept, especially for young professionals? any apts to avoid? I would really like to live at least somewhere I can walk to a coffee shop and store or at least I can drive to in a matter of minutes. thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 02:15 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Grad View Post
My move from the west coast to NJ is approaching rather quickly and I am not sure what apartments to go for! Any suggestions? safe and nicely kept, especially for young professionals? any apts to avoid? I would really like to live at least somewhere I can walk to a coffee shop and store or at least I can drive to in a matter of minutes. thanks for your help!
No one is going to have the foggiest idea about what is affordable for you unless you include a budget! Don't we all live somewhere affordable unless we are homeless?

What part of New Jersey are you moving to? That would help, as well. Best of all, it would help if you would answer the questions in the sticky at the top of the page created for this purpose.

I can't imagine too many places in New Jersey where you COULDN'T either walk to a coffee shop or drive to one in a matter of minutes. There are some rural areas in the southern part of the state, though, so if you're going there, it could be important.

Give us some info, and we'll give you some ideas!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:42 PM

472 posts, read 811,807 times
If you're moving to North Jersey, try Montclair, downtown Jersey City or Maplewood!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:51 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,533 times
Hmmm. Dr. Grad.
Post-graduate job at Princeton University?

I am familiar with Princeton Terrace apartments because they were just being built when I lived in a nearby apartment complex. All market-price apartments have single-car garages. PRINCETON TERRACE WEST WINDSOR - WEST WINDSOR , MERCER COUNTY NJ

In Plainsboro, look into these Plainsboro New Rentals Middlesex County Plainsboro Village Center | Sharbell

Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Canal Pointe or Colonnade Pointe in West Windsor (although they use a Princeton mailing address.) They are condo complexes, but a large number of owners don't live there & rent out their apartments. See CraigsList for Central Jersey, or speak to a local realtor.

Around May / June is a good time to look for apartments because of the graduate students moving.

Five minutes from downtown Princeton. It's a very quiet area. There are pools, tennis courts in the complex.

It's a lovely area.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,885 times
Plainsboro, Princeton, West Windsor~all decent communities. If they are out of your budget, try Hightstown or East Windsor.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 PM

My budget is around $1000-1200 max for a one bedroom in the plainsboro area. I have been looking at Hunters Glen apartments and Quail ridge in plainsboro, but I want to know are these apartments safe and easy walk areas. I checked out The Crest apartments but they are out of my budget thanks for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
Hmmm. Dr. Grad.
Post-graduate job at Princeton University?

I am familiar with Princeton Terrace apartments because they were just being built when I lived in a nearby apartment complex. All market-price apartments have single-car garages. PRINCETON TERRACE WEST WINDSOR - WEST WINDSOR , MERCER COUNTY NJ

In Plainsboro, look into these Plainsboro New Rentals Middlesex County Plainsboro Village Center | Sharbell
Do you know the ballpark prices for the new rentals in plainsboro? its not listed on the website.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 AM

901 posts, read 2,247,994 times
1000-1200 is in the ball park for a one to two bed apt. Here are some of the complexes in Plainsboro;
Hunters Glen
Ravens Crest
Fox Run
Quail Ridge
Pheasant Hollow

The area is very safe, clean, lots of parks, walkable (some closer to others) to the nice town center area with all the basic amenities you need; restaurant, dry cleaning, coffee shop, bagel place, bank, CVS and grocery store and more. Quick ride to big box stors, mall and a ton of restaurants along RT 1. Princeton is 5 miles west.
Great place.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,414,855 times
I am pretty sure that Princeton Terrace is more pricey, but I have seen ads saying that they are giving a free month's rent with each lease so who knows they might be more manageable. They are very upscale.
I think the one in Plainsboro (by the Town Center) would offer a little more convenience in that there is as mentioned, drug store, cleaners, coffee shop etc but I don't think there is s grocery that is walkable there.
Canal Point is lovely but I am not sure what is really walkable there.
The areas in West Windsor and Plainsboro are definitely quiet and safe.,, and pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey