Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 PM

12 posts, read 14,271 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are going to be relocating to the Princeton, NJ area from Naples, FL. Yes, we are leaving this tropical paradise back to the cold weather. My wife has been relocated for work so I'm trying to find something prior to coming up there. My background is in finance & insurance (not sales). I'm looking for something similar up that way, preferably as an Account Manager. I would be open to something in the marketing or IT industry as well. Job searching from out of state is very tough because of my Florida address. Does anyone know of any good firms up that way, or even in NYC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:28 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,197,171 times
Princeton is very well located right between NYC and Philadelphia. You might want to extend your job search to Philadelphia. And if that's where you get your job, you may want to consider living in PA for tax reasons.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:10 PM

169 posts, read 294,868 times
IT is pretty broad, you can almost work for any large company, right? NJ is home to the North American headquarters of many pharmaceutical brands like Pzifer, Merk, Johnson & Johnson, etc. Most of those can be found in Somerset County along with telecommunications giants like Verizon Wireless, Att Wireless, Avaya, Bell Laboratories. Also, there are many Electronic Brands Headquarters in NJ like Sharp and LG not to mention many car brands like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Jaguar-Land Rover, Ferrari-Maserati, all of which are the North American Headquarters. Tumi Luggage, Bed Bath & Beyond, Benjamin Moore Paint, all headquartered in NJ. Point is, if you have experience, a good resume, and know how you shouldn't find it too hard securing a position in one of these companies all of which have marketing and IT departments. Plus the list goes on and on of world class companies which are anchored and operate in NJ. Geese and everyone thinks the good jobs are only in NYC!

Anyway, why not go onto wikipedia and do a "companies based in NJ" you can see the list by county or even by city. Look what I found for Princeton (which is Mercer County)
Category:Companies based in Princeton, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS. I just took a look at that list myself and apparently there are a bunch of great companies already in Princeton like Berlitz, Dataram, Pharmasset etc. Good Luck with your job search. Also, NYC is always a great place to find a professional job obviously however, if you are going to live in NJ I wouldn't recommend commuting to NYC unless you are earning big bucks. I commuted for 4 years from Bergen County to Manhattan for college 5 days a week and I'm not gonna lie it was HELLISH!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 AM

12 posts, read 14,271 times
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: