Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 10:17 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombon View Post
LOL, if I was trying to hide my name, I wouldn't clearly write in a manner to demonstrate I was the same person. I'm not as low-intellect as you guys. My old profile was banned because a bunch of people kept reporting me as a "troll." This one will likely be banned, too.
You were banned? No way. Why would that be? I've got a possibility. You're an insufferable, smug d!ckhead who isn't 1/100th as smart as you think you are. I called you out on Day 1 of this latest iteration of who you are on CD. For fun, give us some of your old names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 AM

15 posts, read 12,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
You were banned? No way. Why would that be? I've got a possibility. You're an insufferable, smug d!ckhead who isn't 1/100th as smart as you think you are. I called you out on Day 1 of this latest iteration of who you are on CD. For fun, give us some of your old names.
Actually, it's precisely because I'm smarter than you. Look at how all you can do is curse impotently at the screen because you're not smart enough to make a sensible point. And now that I pointed that out, your only resort is to report me. That's how low-intellect people usually play it on online forums, so I expect nothing less from you.

Remember, everyone: if you can't disprove something, just make them stop talking.

P.S. If anyone wants to see the posts that got me banned, go to Current Events and then look at the last few pages of the locked thread about the woman painting on rocks. It's the same thing you see here, where EBWick can barely write coherently, so at that point everyone just starts reporting me.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:48 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Actually, it's precisely because I'm smarter than you. Look at how all you can do is curse impotently at the screen because you're not smart enough to make a sensible point.And now that I pointed that out, your only resort is to report me. That's how low-intellect people usually play it on online forums, so I expect nothing less from you.

Remember, everyone: if you can't disprove something, just make them stop talking.
That's the Alinsky formula...

Rule no. 5 - “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."

Stay strong...

Old 10-31-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
That's the Alinsky formula...

Rule no. 5 - “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."

Stay strong...
The best part is how the people who reported me were breaking forum rules whereas I was not. (I made sure of that, so that no technicality could be leveled against me.) I never called anyone a name or cursed at anyone. Meanwhile, a number of the "regulars" made actual threats towards me about how I would be silenced soon and also curses (as seen with EBWick). Naturally, no explanation or warning was given me and I was just banned.

I'll just enjoy reading their howling screams come November when their liberal fantasies finish crumbling into oblivion.

You take it easy, though. Conservatives are a rare breed on online forums.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
The best part is how the people who reported me were breaking forum rules whereas I was not. (I made sure of that, so that no technicality could be leveled against me.) I never called anyone a name or cursed at anyone. Meanwhile, a number of the "regulars" made actual threats towards me about how I would be silenced soon and also curses (as seen with EBWick). Naturally, no explanation or warning was given me and I was just banned.

I'll just enjoy reading their howling screams come November when their liberal fantasies finish crumbling into oblivion.

It is surprising that those that cast stones find their own behavior tolerable for the forum.

Quote:
You're an insufferable, smug d!ckhead who isn't 1/100th as smart as you think you are.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:25 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
Quote:

Yeah if you dare criticize NJ in the least bit, you'll get a banished for a bit. A lot of bullies who are in denial on this forum And most of them happen to be democrat and in full support of public workers so if you criticize that you'll get dinged up as well.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:10 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:

See Skippy. I don't want you banned. Your repellent responses and know-it-all attitude will get you ignored in no time flat. So no need for the pity party.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,763 times
Okay I am back from work.

First let me say I was not referring to multi-name as a liar. I meant that for the Governor. I was referring to pombolo plus as misinformed.

The 2015 budget has $681 million contributed for pensions for all the teachers and state workers. That is the amount that is required if the State never missed a payment. Under the 2011 pension law the payment this year was supposed to be $2.25 billion. The actual payment that should be made to properly fund the pension for 2015 in consideration of all the years of missed contributions is $4 billion.

Did I answer the question?

The teachers and state workers contributed $1.2 billion last year.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Yeah if you dare criticize NJ in the least bit, you'll get a banished for a bit. A lot of bullies who are in denial on this forum.

I don't think that is true. There is plenty of criticism about NJ on this forum that is not met with "banishment" (whatever that means).
The problems arise when the criticism is not coming from a place of love/genuine concern, but mere validation. Your criticism of the Garden State, for instance, comes from a place of self reassurance. You want to wallow in the negative for the reinforcement of your own beliefs, not the desire to see actual change & progression.
It's fruitless, tedious & distracts from more meaningful conversations. I have no problem when people like that are shouted down on this forum.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
See Skippy. I don't want you banned. Your repellent responses and know-it-all attitude will get you ignored in no time flat. So no need for the pity party.
Interesting you say that, since you're unable to ignore me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I don't think that is true. There is plenty of criticism about NJ on this forum that is not met with "banishment" (whatever that means).
The problems arise when the criticism is not coming from a place of love/genuine concern, but mere validation. Your criticism of the Garden State, for instance, comes from a place of self reassurance. You want to wallow in the negative for the reinforcement of your own beliefs, not the desire to see actual change & progression.
It's fruitless, tedious & distracts from more meaningful conversations. I have no problem when people like that are shouted down on this forum.
a) I wasn't banned for anything I said on the New Jersey forum. It was in the Current Events forum, where a thread was discussing some woman who was painting on rocks at national parks. You can check it out, but it's locked right now. I'll edit in the appropriate link.

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/37078580-post149.html[/URL"]http://www.city-data.com/forum/37078580-post149.html[/URL]
You can read the subsequent responses, although it's quite a long thread.

b) I don't mind when people shout me down, either, since I haven't ever seen that occur. You see, unlike you guys, I'm quite able to deal with people writing things on a forum. You guys are both attempting to appear cool and collected, but the reality is quite different. I mean, here's EBWick pretending he's able to ignore me when he just finished writing a bunch of meaningless curses at me. And you're here talking about shouting down people on a forum who you find "tedious," which is equally childish. And when I say "childish," I mean that quite literally, since that's what a kindergartener would do (although, apparently, lots of adults are also mentally the age of kindergarteners).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey