Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 11:51 AM

19 posts, read 107,405 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on Leonardo. How is the area? Is it convenient to the train or bus? Is there any disadvantage to living near the beach area? Any good points/bad points would be appreciated as I know nothing about this section of Middletown. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2NJ1DAY View Post
Looking for info on Leonardo. How is the area? Is it convenient to the train or bus? Is there any disadvantage to living near the beach area? Any good points/bad points would be appreciated as I know nothing about this section of Middletown. Thank you.
it a lower middle class blue collar area, fairly safe. you are a bit away from the train station but buses to both the port authority and wall st. run on 36
The area is ok if that's all that you can afford, there are much nicer places to live

Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM

102 posts, read 427,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
it a lower middle class blue collar area, fairly safe. you are a bit away from the train station but buses to both the port authority and wall st. run on 36
The area is ok if that's all that you can afford, there are much nicer places to live

I have a friend who lives in Leonardo and its very expensive and nice... I guess there maybe parts that are nicer then other parts but where she lives is very nice.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStealth View Post
I have a friend who lives in Leonardo and its very expensive and nice... I guess there maybe parts that are nicer then other parts but where she lives is very nice.
it all depends on your perspective, if you're from brooklyn leonardo might look like paradise, if you're from the area, places like navesink or oak or nut swamp are much nicer, but nicer costs more, so like I said if leonardo is your price level, it isn't a bad place to be

Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 PM

67 posts, read 247,648 times
I can say that Leonardo is a nice place. I moved there in 1968 and grew up there. I think Leonardo has a lot more to offer.
It does have a state Marina.Beaches
Nice parks, Croydon Hall Complete w/ baseball fields. bike trails
2 fire houses,
A Lighthouse,
1 elementary school, 1 middle school
many small shops,
Hwy 36 bus station to NY, Bus runs every hour to Red Bank right by the train. 10 min away from Middletown train station

Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,150 times
My Mother is Susan Bratton. She has wonderful memories of growing up in Leonardo when Croyden Hall was the Rice/Campbell estate. She is in failing health in Scottsdale Arizona with not much left but those memories. My family has only recently come to know the history of the family and the property. I am excite to make my way back east in July to visit what is of a legacy worthy of a LIFETIME movie....Joey Sarandos Phoenix, Arizona

Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 AM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
I can say that Leonardo is a nice place. I moved there in 1968 and grew up there. I think Leonardo has a lot more to offer.
It does have a state Marina.Beaches
Nice parks, Croydon Hall Complete w/ baseball fields. bike trails
2 fire houses,
A Lighthouse,
1 elementary school, 1 middle school
many small shops,
Hwy 36 bus station to NY, Bus runs every hour to Red Bank right by the train. 10 min away from Middletown train station

Does this buy go into Port Authority?
How often does it run?
Does anyone have a schedule? What is the name of the bus company?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Yes - either Port Authority or Wall Street. It runs much more frequently to Port Authority. You can get the schedule at academybus.com
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,523,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySarandos View Post
My Mother is Susan Bratton. She has wonderful memories of growing up in Leonardo when Croyden Hall was the Rice/Campbell estate. She is in failing health in Scottsdale Arizona with not much left but those memories. My family has only recently come to know the history of the family and the property. I am excite to make my way back east in July to visit what is of a legacy worthy of a LIFETIME movie....Joey Sarandos Phoenix, Arizona
Keep us posted on your journey. I always like to say the NJ is the cradle of civilization--so many people have wonderful childhood memories of growing up in NJ in the first half of the 20th century.

You might be able to find a book about the history of the area--there is a large series of them published about many towns in the Northeast. Can't remember the name, but if you search Amazon I'm sure it will will turn up, or if you visit the area you may find them in a local book store or gift shop.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 AM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Yes - either Port Authority or Wall Street. It runs much more frequently to Port Authority. You can get the schedule at academybus.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey