Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 AM

22 posts, read 133,570 times

Advertisements

Folks,

I am planning to buy a Condo....just have start researching.

Any suggestion on names of some good brokers?

regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 08:00 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,165 times
That depends on what area you're looking.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 AM

22 posts, read 133,570 times
Question Looking for Edison & No Brunswick

i am looking in these 2 areas....

Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 PM

514 posts, read 1,669,259 times
Bonnie Silverman with ReMax hometown in Metuchen. We recently sold our co-op in Edison with her. It was only on the market for 6 days. We are in the process of buying a townhouse in Hillsborough (just finished attorney review) and Bonnie was the only person we would even consider dealing with for this purchase. She is probably the most honest, kind and caring person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting on a personal and business level. She will guide you through the process and make it as painless and stress free as possible, and always have your best interest in mind. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area and always a phone call away. You cant go wrong with Bonnie

RE/MAX of New Jersey

Last edited by Machinist; 01-04-2008 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 01-04-2008, 11:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,681 times
Glad to hear the home search is going well! Good luck with your purchase.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:15 AM

3 posts, read 2,820 times
BUYERS BEWARE!!! When you meet your realtor & they continue show you homes you're not interested in -fixer uppers, Send you listings out side your price range... tell you maybe you need to expand your range. Run don't walk These agents are looking to fill their pockets. Don't tell them personal info. that has no bearing on purchase,don't get too friendly, once you put your guard down they feel you completely trust them & this will hurt you in the end. ALWAYS put your concerns in writing & go over it with your attorney dont wait to mention it as in the end you won't have anything to fight with, even if the agents tell dont worry I'll take care of it, i love the phrase "I'm working for you & your best interest" um WRONG!! DONT TRUST anyone but your Attorney,your intuition, & your family. Realtors care about closing the deal & filling their pockets & will promise you the world up until those keys exchange hands. THEY DONT CARE BOTTOM LINE!! YES I've had more than 1 bad experience,read the listing,ask questions of ANY concerns, if you get to attorney review..stress your concerns & get answers NOW before moving on. PUT IN WRITING
1st thing first find an area you want to live, figure out max. price willing to pay, have in mind a type of home -Ranch,Split level etc. how many baths,bedrooms,garage,yard etc. What's important what's not.
Get Pre-Approved, realtors won't waste their time if they don't know you have the $$ to buy. Now find a realtor online search, local,Recommendation by friend or co-worker/family is best.
Ask your agent questions,things of meaning research the truth or reasoning..you'll be surprised what you find out. You'll learn how much your agent is being up front or lying to you. Realtors ARE NOT your friends!! You search home by home & finally fall in love or have the feeling this can be home.. **important BEFORE making a bid, ask your realtor for comps (a list homes in area,shows asking price & what they are sold for,& when) it's very helpful, GET A HOME INSPECTION, is the home in need of repairs *deduct,major units old & not working properly *deduct Don't think any offer is too low, no matter what your realtor tells you.. If they want to sell they(seller) will counter offer. Go too high or close to your max you have no room to play. They say 15% to 20% below asking price..I'd lean closer to 15% unless home is in need of major repair. If a agents seems reluctant to about your bid, you may have the wrong agent. Agents must present any & all offers, I had one that lied about even presenting offer it was 17% below, the Asking price seemed high for area, house after a year & half is still on market(over priced). (If you make bid first, then inspection.. your initial bid might of been way too high,making it extremely hard to lower to what youre really willing to pay now.. now relying on the appraisal being low enough hoping seller will budge in price. Don't rely on it. If you invest time & money the seller feels they have you over a barrel. this is why its best not to share your personal life they use any info. you share against you.
After you researched comps,had inspection, research cost in repairs,replacement , walked around neighborhood & ask questions,search the web for sex offenders in area, realtors won't mention it but its important especially if you have younger children. There's a law where realtors can't disclose sex offender info. SEARCH the web FBI — Sex Offender Registry (enter state,zip or county) you'll be shocked who may be living next to you.
I had 2 scamming realtors, one was the buyers agent(mine) & other was the seller they were friends & worked together to scam the deal. Refused to move w/repairs even when listed clearly & in contract.
Don't get attached before knowing youre completely happy with deal & its in contract ALL of it.
My two winners came from 2 different well know co.'s in the Middlesex area, I would never recommend or wish them on anyone after seeing what they do to deceive the buyer. How they can look themselves in the mirror each morning & like what they see is beyond me. Please please buyer beware!!! Keep your eyes & ears open for any type of dishonesty ... call them on it or find someone new it could mean saving yourself headaches,heartache & thousands of dollars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey