Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 01:49 PM

8 posts, read 31,157 times

Advertisements

I am taking it Monday.

I heard that there is a stop sign that A LOT of people miss. Where is it? D;

I failed my first time back in September on Parallel parking, and I am finally taking it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 09:31 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergencounty123 View Post
I am taking it Monday.

I heard that there is a stop sign that A LOT of people miss. Where is it? D;

I failed my first time back in September on Parallel parking, and I am finally taking it again.
Ha ha ha. A lot of people fail the first time because they can't parallel park. I can't help you because I didn't take my test there. I've never even been to Lodi. Just start looking for signs when you approach every intersection. They all have a light or a sign.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Ha ha ha. A lot of people fail the first time because they can't parallel park. I can't help you because I didn't take my test there. I've never even been to Lodi. Just start looking for signs when you approach every intersection. They all have a light or a sign.
Haha, okay thank you!

And on the NJ website for what skills are tested, two of the nine things tested are 1. nearing corners and intersections and 2. yielding to right-of-way.

What do they mean by that? I probably do it already and I just do not know the terminology.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:53 PM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,399,819 times
Four years ago, my son failed the test at Lodi because he did not stop at a thick white line at an intersection that did not have a stop sign associated with the line. When I protested that the thick white line has no meaning without the stop sign and proved this via the NJ rules about stop signs, my son was immediately rescheduled for the next day at the front of the line. I do not know if they have added the stop sign next to the line in Lodi, changed the rules about thick white lines at intersections to designate stopping or still expect you to stop at a thick white line without the stop sign. I would guess that if you stop at a white line without a stop sign at an intersection you will pass.

I wonder how many other people were screwed by this 'failure to stop' at this bs intersection at Lodi.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:11 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
two of the nine things tested are 1. nearing corners and intersections and 2. yielding to right-of-way.

What do they mean by that?

If you don't know what yielding the right of way means, you REALLY need to re-read the NJ Drivers Manual.
This is a concept that you need to understand if you are going to avoid hitting...cars...people... animals, etc.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

If you don't know what yielding the right of way means, you REALLY need to re-read the NJ Drivers Manual.
This is a concept that you need to understand if you are going to avoid hitting...cars...people... animals, etc.

If you read what I said correctly, I stated that I probably do it, but I just am unaware of the proper terminology.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:35 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
If you read what I said correctly, I stated that I probably do it, but I just am unaware of the proper terminology.
Trust me, I did see and comprehend the word "probably" in your post.
Unfortunately, "probably" is not a very reassuring position when it comes to both safety and legality.

The term "yield right of way" is mentioned at least 10 times in the NJ Driver Manual, so I am concerned when somebody may not understand this concept, or at least doesn't even recall seeing that terminology in the manual. Don't you think that it might be a good idea to review the information in the manual, just in case "probably" turns out to be "not at all"?

Last edited by Retriever; 07-23-2015 at 04:49 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 11:08 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Haha, okay thank you!

And on the NJ website for what skills are tested, two of the nine things tested are 1. nearing corners and intersections and 2. yielding to right-of-way.

What do they mean by that? I probably do it already and I just do not know the terminology.
My son aced parallel parking, but failed the first time. He didn't "pullover on the side of the road, now!" when the instructor told him to. My son said that there were shrubs and sapling trees on the side that he thought might scratch the paint on my car. He pulled over a bit further down the road. Fail! LOL.

Eat some good food, get a good night's sleep, take a deep breath, pass the test. It's not that bad. Hey, I passed the first time, but I'm female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: