Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 7,312 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a River Vale, NJ resident and I was wondering what the fastest way would be to commute to NYC. (I need to get to the Flatiron area (23rd) by at least 8:30 AM but I am very unfamiliar with the public transportation around this whole Pascack Valley area. Getting a ride to other nearby towns to hop on the bus won't be a problem (I'm just looking for fastest and most efficient way to get to Midtown Manhattan from here or other nearby towns, train or bus.) Please help. Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 05:49 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyngchl1 View Post
Hi, I am a River Vale, NJ resident and I was wondering what the fastest way would be to commute to NYC. (I need to get to the Flatiron area (23rd) by at least 8:30 AM but I am very unfamiliar with the public transportation around this whole Pascack Valley area. Getting a ride to other nearby towns to hop on the bus won't be a problem (I'm just looking for fastest and most efficient way to get to Midtown Manhattan from here or other nearby towns, train or bus.) Please help. Thank You!
I think your best and quickest route is to take a train from whichever tain station is closest to you and you can get a lift to, Westwood, Oradell, Emerson, River Edge, etc, any of the neighboring towns with stations on the Pascack Valley Line. Check on the trip planner on NJ transit's site to see exact times in order to arrive on time. New Jersey Transit You can also use the trip planner to check on bus routes in the area as I know there are several, in case you have trouble walking to or getting a lift to the train stations.

KoalaNJ

Old 09-08-2015, 02:18 PM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,400,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyngchl1 View Post
Depending where you work, the Flatiron can be an odd spot from NJ. From River Vale, you can use Montvale, Park Ridge, Woodcliff Lake, Hillsdale or Westwood. Westwood is the closest to NYC.

Two train choices are:

1. Pascack Valley train to Secaucus and switch to get to NY-Penn Station and walk or take the subway.
2. PV train to Hoboken and then take the PATH to 23rd and 6th ave.

I worked in the Flatiron area (Broadway and 21) for years and I preferred the NY-Penn/walk routine. It seemed shorter and the summer heat in the PATH station was unbearable for me. Maybe that has changed. If there was heavy, monsoon-like rain I might have taken the N,R,W between Herald Sq and 23rd/Broadway.

The third choice is the bus to the Port Authority and take subway to 23rd st (the 1 or the N,R,or W).
There are more traffic variables with the bus, but there are express buses.

If you need to park there is free parking in Montvale at the train station, but it might fill up. You can buy a 1 year non-resident parking pass at the Hillsdale Station. It costs more than the Hillsdale resident parking. There are some pay per day spots at some of the stations.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 10,771 times
Hi
I commute every day from park ridge to nyc and the quickest way is the coach bus that runs on Kinderkamack road ... It's 45-50 minutes in the morning and leaves you at port authority. You can catch the subway right outside .. It's quicker than the train and there's no transfer at secaucus like the train . Look up red and tan line schedule route 47 bus is the express . Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey