Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:01 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Oh, look! Ocean county had added a hill!
No, that's what's left of the Delaware Water Gap once all the world's ice caps melt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 PM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Back a month or two ago several people were talking about snow blowers,,,I had the feeling especially if they BOTH bought snowblowers,,,,,, enuff said,,,
We should thank them

your welcomed... i am bummed that i havent got to use my new shiny toy yet

Old 12-18-2015, 04:01 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
May G-D have Mercy on our planet. Apparently, no one else cares...

Old 12-18-2015, 05:38 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
May G-D have Mercy on our planet. Apparently, no one else cares...
No mercy or other nonsense required. The planet is ours to form, reform, and enjoy.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:43 PM

188 posts, read 414,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
After last year's very tough winter, this has been a pleasant respite. My gf and I used Citibikes to ride around downtown JC last weekend. We only had on sweaters. I am not a big winter sports person so this mild winter has been real blessing. I spaying hairspray like crazy trying to speed up global warming.
The weather is nice, but for me personally, I say bring on the cold. Even though it is still fall, I am ready for cold/snow from the day after Thanksgiving, to roughly Valentines Day. I would rather a warmer March than December. But most of the bad snow years have more snow at the back end, compared to front.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:10 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
maybe people should stop complaining so much about global warming.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner View Post
The weather is nice, but for me personally, I say bring on the cold. Even though it is still fall, I am ready for cold/snow from the day after Thanksgiving, to roughly Valentines Day. I would rather a warmer March than December. But most of the bad snow years have more snow at the back end, compared to front.
I really dislike snow in April.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:45 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No mercy or other nonsense required. The planet is ours to form, reform, and enjoy.
... and destroy. And that is what we are doing very successfully. What is a pleasantly warm winter in NJ translates to droughts, lost crops and starvation in the Middle East and Persian gulf. ( http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/19/wo...iran.html?_r=0 ) Southern California is running out of water... This warming had deadly consequences and eventually North East US will feel it.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:31 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
... and destroy. And that is what we are doing very successfully. What is a pleasantly warm winter in NJ translates to droughts, lost crops and starvation in the Middle East and Persian gulf. ( http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/19/wo...iran.html?_r=0 ) Southern California is running out of water... This warming had deadly consequences and eventually North East US will feel it.
Bullfecal Alert:

1) Southern California has a drought because they won't build new reservoirs and dams because the Green Terrorists have mandated the protection of irrelevant species of fish. The Envirofascist Hatred Army is destroying California with its irrational and destructive stoppage of common sense building of dams and reservoirs.

The Scorching of California by Victor Davis Hanson, City Journal Winter 2015

It is the Green Terrorists that are causing the problem, not the climate.

2) We are destroying nothing. Natural climate change and warming, if it is occurring at all, which is doubtful, but hopefully is occurring, will cause huge areas of the planet to now be arable with warmer temperatures and higher levels of precipitation. Rising sea levels will cause cities along the coast to have to be rebuilt farther inland. Creating jobs, jobs, jobs, and more jobs. And replacing obsolete buildings that should be razed anyway due to their aging and inefficiency. New York City needs to flood and be knocked down and rebuilt in the Meadowlands or farther inland.

Climate change is an opportunity. Of course, the Green Terrorists will never admit that because, being the putrescent haters that they are, their only goal is to stop progress and innovation and individualism and Capitalism and wealth creation and the beauty of new buildings and bridges and roads. Boy do they hate cars and roads!

3) The Middle East will have no problem, once they trash their backward and stupid way of life and join the party and adopt freedom and capitalism, which will lead to discoveries in agriculture and advances in food production. Or they can just use their oil to buy our food, since we will have an endless surplus with the new warm wet climate.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:25 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Remember how extremely cold last winter was? Why was nobody crowing about global warming back then? This fall has been very cold in the western half of the US. In about 3 weeks the pattern will flip and it will get cold here while the West warms up. Its all in balance. So enough with the global warming BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: