Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:50 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,476 times

Advertisements

Doesn't everyone from the 5 boroughs aspire to live in Jersey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 07:03 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Lately, I've seen a huge increase of NY drivers on NJ roads. The last few years i normally see NYers by the tunnels and bridges. These days I am seeing NY plates more and more frequent in deeper mid section of NJ as well.

NYers love driving on the left lane. They seem to think the left lane was made for them.
See something, say something!!!!

wish they would allow big rigs to ride the fast lane, would clear up slow traffic

the invasion from the east began with the construction of the V narrows bridge, now what was that non PC name they gave it?

Old 09-12-2016, 05:44 AM

585 posts, read 492,975 times
Quote:

NYers love driving on the left lane. They seem to think the left lane was made for them.

I still can't understand how someone could not have single car in front of them, and a line of 20 cars backed up behind them in the left lane and still not move over.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
I still can't understand how someone could not have single car in front of them, and a line of 20 cars backed up behind them in the left lane and still not move over.

I used to know a woman who insisted on driving in the left lane because, "I feel more secure over here".

The last time that I rode with her (and, believe me, I made sure that I never rode with her again), as soon as she merged onto the Turnpike, she immediately moved over to the left lane, and proceeded to drive at ~50 mph in her aged Buick. The center and right lanes were empty of traffic--until somebody roared past us on the right with their horn blaring because of the hazard that she created.

I urged her to move out of the left lane as soon as it was safe, but she refused because she was adamant that she "felt more secure there". Yes, of course, she was from NYC.

Last edited by Retriever; 09-12-2016 at 09:12 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 08:22 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
I drove home from North Carolina this weekend, mostly on I-95. Three or four times I had to get around some timid nitwit who should have been banned from Interstate highways because he or she was driving in the left or center lanes well below the speed limit and everyone else had to maneuver around.

Not as bad as the person in Delaware on my way down who decided to cross I-95 on foot at night and whose subsequent death had us all sitting for almost two hours while the police investigated and cleaned her off the road. Turns out she was from Brooklyn.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-12-2016 at 08:33 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 08:38 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 09-12-2016, 09:19 AM

In addition to their love of traveling inappropriately in the left lane, it seems that NYC drivers also have a problem comprending signs that say "NO LEFT TURN"--whether that message is expressed in English or via one of those universal pictograms.

When I lived in Rahway, I drove on Route 1 & 9 daily, and almost every time that I was on that highway, I saw cars with NY license plates stopped in the left lane, attempting to make a left turn--despite the very poor field of view afforded by the Jersey Barrier, and despite the presence of multiple signs stating that left turns were not permitted. The number of close calls that I witnessed--along with actual collisions--was distressing, to say the least

I didn't see this type of hazard every day, but when I did encounter one of those dunderheads, 100% of the time, the offender was from NY.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
i had a problem with an nyc driver the other day. it was in nyc though so he probably complained about nj drivers. guy tried to keep me from merging onto the belt. he was not successful. it was great. people get so angry. he rolled down his window to stick out the middle finger. i wanted to open my window to mess around with him verbally but now im a little nervous about someone throwing something in my car. some guy clearly was trying to do that to me once but i saw what he was up to and didnt roll down my window. if someone throws something in your car and either hits you or gets your car filthy, he wins.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
If you drive on Turnpike at night, you'll see lots of Uber or NY livery cabs on the left lane doing 60. I should complain to Uber that their drivers don't follow the signs that says Stay to the right and pass on left. Same GM Tahoe NY cab drives on the left lane doing 60 every night.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Same GM Tahoe NY cab drives on the left lane doing 60 every night.

Hmmm...perhaps my old friend--June--now has a job driving a taxi.
Is the driver an Asian woman?
If so, it surely sounds like June's driving style, although she never used to drive...that fast...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey