Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a pediatrician who is open to delayed immunization?

My current practice is dismissing patients who are refusing or delaying immunizations. I have to delay them for my kids for medical reasons but this practice isn't very sympathetic so far and are making it very hard for me and my kids... Please do not judge. Just let me know if you know of any good pediatricians in the Lyndhurst/Clifton/Rutherford vicinity. I'm willing to drive 15-20 minutes to not have to deal with getting pressured to follow the CDC immunization schedule regardless of medical reasons.... TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 11:35 AM

800 posts, read 1,298,002 times
Wouldn't the medical reasons be known by your Dr? If they still recommend the vaccines than your reason isn't valid.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM

516 posts, read 1,006,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
Wouldn't the medical reasons be known by your Dr? If they still recommend the vaccines than your reason isn't valid.
This!! This is why herd immunity is dropping... everyone thinks their child is special or doomed to be autistic if vaccinated before age 5 or something. My pediatrician actually brought up delayed vaccines for my son's medical issues, but we went ahead with CDC since that's the tried and true.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:53 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
No, my doctor belongs to a group practice and the head doctor made the decision to dismiss any patient who refuse or wants to delay/space out vaccinations for medical reasons.

My doctor has argued for me but the head doctor still insist that my children need to be on track within a certain period of time or else...

Consequently I'm looking for another doctor. I have found one now so let's not use this thread as a forum to judge or turn it into some vaccination debate.

====THREAD CLOSED====

Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,386,492 times
It's not closed yet. Delayed for how long? Why?

When my son was very young, he had some health problems and the pediatrician delayed a couple of immunizations for a few months until he had improved. He wasn't in daycare or preschool, so that wasn't an issue.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:04 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, my doctor belongs to a group practice and the head doctor made the decision to dismiss any patient who refuse or wants to delay/space out vaccinations for medical reasons.

My doctor has argued for me but the head doctor still insist that my children need to be on track within a certain period of time or else...

Consequently I'm looking for another doctor. I have found one now so let's not use this thread as a forum to judge or turn it into some vaccination debate.

====THREAD CLOSED====

What are the medical reasons?

You're consequently looking for another doc but found one...

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2016, 03:04 AM

148 posts, read 220,572 times
There are plenty of pediatritians that are open to delaying / spreading out immunizations in the area.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:49 AM

862 posts, read 977,287 times
if your child has a cold they will wait until the child is better, but I would not take medical advice from jenny Mcarthy.

maybe take medical advice from Penn and Teller, they have a show called bu******, one of there episodes was "why not getting your kids vaccinated is bull**it".

was is Rutherford pediatrics? DR BECZ?

they probably do not want to expose their patients to unvaccinated kids, you may think you are helping your kids by not vaccinated but ask any medical professional and they will tell you are putting them at risk, who to believe the medical profession or jenny mcarthy, someone who shows her boobs to get famous.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,345,217 times
Um, just because you typed ====THREAD CLOSED====, doesn't close the thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:55 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,849 times
Hopefully the OP has a better understanding of her child's health issues than he or she does of how this forum works...

I can understand why the bug practice does not want unvaccinated kids around. They don't want them contracting any diseases and being responsible for those. Would be very curious about what the medical condition is that would affect vaccination, other than active cold, flu, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey