Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:07 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,827 times

Advertisements

Even if you live right in heart of Princeton town area, you will need a car. Otherwise all you will do is hang out in Princeton town area and its not big, tiny as matter of fact.

Overall depending on what your work actually is (as others have noted princeton is kinda sprawled out depending on your work address). Anyhow, princeton town area itself is a nice suburb with houses but its not really close to any major city, about 1hr each way to either NYC or philly by car.

Personally I think its a great place to live and raise kids for family (this is without knowing school education system ranking there).

But once again, you will need a car. Very few places in NJ you can get without a car on regular basis and those are big commuter towns with much larger 'town' area such as Jersey City or Hoboken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell12 View Post
Since you just moved to Seattle, why relocate to Princeton if you have to travel back and forth every week or alternate week Doesn't Seattle have a good job market or is your role very unique? Or you don't like it there and want to move to NJ?

I know this is going to ruffle some feathers here, but if you don't have family in NJ or some very special job or reason, there is likely little to be desired to move far.

Anyways if you must, look at the Avalon Apartments. They are actually quite prevalent in Central and Northern NJ, and even in Seattle area, they have a presence.

The new Avalon on Witherspoon St. (where the old Princeton Hospital was located) is charging incredibly high rents. Much higher than the other Avalon developments around here.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:58 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapulin888 View Post
McCaffereys say hello

McCaffrey's, a lovely store with outrageous prices for groceries.

I have seen grocery items in McCaffrey's selling at twice the price of Wegman's.

Just sayin'.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
McCaffrey's, a lovely store with outrageous prices for groceries.

I have seen grocery items in McCaffrey's selling at twice the price of Wegman's.

Yikes!
When you consider that many items at Wegmans are cheaper than at their supposedly-cheaper competitor, Shop-Rite, McCaffrey's must be REALLY expensive!

I guess that I won't be visiting their store at the Princeton Shopping Center anytime soon.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM

40 posts, read 53,453 times
I can't imagine a job in Princeton that would pay so much more than a job in Seattle that it would be worth your time and cost flying across country every other week.

Princeton is basically a nice small town -- great town center. Followed by suburia. Only if you are a student at the university would you likely be able to get by without a car.

Especially if you work in the software industry -- there is no reason to leave Seattle just for a job -- only if you wanted to live in central NJ.

Last edited by rons1; 03-23-2017 at 06:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey