Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 10:05 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,325 times

Advertisements

I have a new car with NY transit plates until NJ plates are mailed. The E-ZPass website requires the real plates to sign-up so I'm wondering is there a physical location I can purchase the transponder stickers or device?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 10:20 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,297 times
If you already have an E-Z Pass acct you can use the transponder you have in that car. If it doesn't read it, when they send you they violation form just put the transponder number on the form and mail it back. If you can get an E-Z Pass acct with E-Z Pass NY, check first but they used to NOT charge the monthly charge of $1 that NJ does. Everything can be done online. There is an E-Z Pass NY center off Exit 14 on the thruway.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,580,637 times
I think you can start an account using any car or license plate,,,you can have up to four transponders on your account but almost an unlimited number of cars or vehicles/plates on it.

Used to be EZPass sales at some rest areas, I would lookup online.

My friends and I orig started with Delaware DRBA because they didnt charge monthly fees but years later NJ bought them out and took over.

$1 a month service fee, sometimes $2 but you opt out for something silly goes to $1 a month.

If you get a notice in mail you went through without paying you just go online and take care of it no fee.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Used to be EZPass sales at some rest areas, I would lookup online.
I do remember them for sale years ago on turnpike rest stations.

Thanks for suggestions I will try using the transit plates to sign up for now.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:01 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,580,637 times
Also once you get that setup,,, there are some discount programs like if you go over the Staten I bridges meaning Goethals, Oiuterbridge or Bayonne, more than 3 time a month I think, the toll goes to half price, etc.
Think all the others are automatic, whichever you are eligible for.

Might be some that are exclusive to where you sign up with. Like MTA Bridges or is it TBTA I think but that's only if you travel those forsaken islands a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: