Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 14,961 times

Advertisements

I live in Asbury Park right now, and I so DESPERATLY want to move within the next two years away, preferably -far- away, from this area. I do love the trips up to the City and being on the shore, but this town has gotten too out of hand. I have a young sister I care for who will be going into the 5th grade next year moving with me. I first considered KY, or even Virginia, but I guess deep down I am truly a die-hard Jersey Girl, cause I really don't want to move out of state if I can find someplace nice and safe. I've heard alot of not-so-nice things about certian areas in South Jersey, which is why I then turn my sights to out of state. So, is there any nice town in South Jersey with home/apartments for rent with a good school system that anyone could suggest?
Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 PM

55 posts, read 187,046 times
Near Philadelphia or the shore.. towards Atlantic/Ocean City?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,172 times
There are some really nice places to live in Jersey...and Asbury Park is not one of them. Let your post echo in the heads of people who love to talk about a "renaissance" that some towns/cities are going thru...'cause it is not happening.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM

I know that's right. It was really fun here when I was growing up. And it's nice to see that they are revitalizing the town and all. BUT, what they're not building it up for the people who already live there, they're looking to get people to move into these high priced condos. Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:55 PM

Oh, near Phily sounds better.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:57 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
Looking to rent or buy?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:57 PM

55 posts, read 187,046 times
mount laurel, moorestown, voorhees, cherry hill, marlton, and some surrounding areas have a lot to due and only 10 to 15 min away from philadelphia. These towns I mentioned are ranked in the top in the state.. mount laurel's district is #2-#3 in the state.. would be good for your sister if you ever wanted to move down south.. i like north jersey... though.. the landscape is nicer... winding hills..

Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Looking to rent right now.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
Another vote for Voorhees! I live in Trenton and every Tuesday I meet my friend in Bordentown and drive down to Voorhees...

Our day consists of watching the Philadelphia Flyers practice!!! They have a skate in the mornings a lot at the Flyers Skate Zone! After taking in that we go to Dunkin Donuts RIGHT down the road and fill up on breakfast sandwiches and caaaawfee. ( Coffee south jersey style. ) hit up the mall.. right down the street again. Go back to the rink play some bubble hockey in the arcade, get some autographs from the Flyers players who are now leaving the rink, and go play hockey ourselves. After practice we go next door to the Wendys and grab a heavenly meal...

And after that if we are not too tired play pitch n put right there on the next street over! It seems like the town has absoultely everything... And I love it.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 PM

Voorhees, eh? I'll look into that town then. Thanks a bunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey